Burberry – Rachel Weisz

I know this is a bit off topic, but have you seen the new it girl for Burberry? It’s none other than the ever-adorable prego Rachel Weisz. I’m loving the new snapshot style Burberry ad campaign for their Burberry London perfume…and the new fragrance smells sooo yummy! The photos of Rachel in giddy London show her with hunky Welsh actor, Ioan Gruffudd, as they bop around the London Eye, Big Ben, Downing Street and the South Bank. Ahhh…the joys of London in the Spring! The photos are just fab, but make me miss London… Since we’re all so visual, I thought you’d really enjoy seeing them. If you’d like a hard copy, grab the April issue of Glamour magazine. Mine are going right up on my inspiration board – delicious!

Do you like it? Thoughts?

(photos from burberry)
****

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on March 07, 2006

1. joy commented
    March 7th, 2006 at 8:39pm

LOVE it! Thanks for letting me know about the new ad Holly & for thinking of me!

2. Romely commented
    March 8th, 2006 at 6:41am

What great collage ads for Burberry! I didn’t realize that this was Rachel Weisz.

3. Paola commented
    March 8th, 2006 at 10:45am

The ads are STUNNING. I love that collage effect.

Though the Burberry brand in the UK has got a few problems at the moment as it is now seen as an emblem of ‘chav’ culture (I think your equivalent would be redneck or trailer trash – ie. Britney Spears would be wearing it if she lived here). Of course they never wear the real thing, but cheap rip-offs of Burberry check available from all the street markets.

Also I wouldn’t get too nostalgic for London in the Spring if I were you – as I speak it is pouring down with rain and the whole world is grey ;)

4. Anonymous commented
    March 8th, 2006 at 3:22pm

I’m not a fan of Burberry but a huge fan of Rachel W. Glad to see she’s being noticed–The Constant Gardner was an amazing film and am glad she’s garnering the attention she deserves!

5. decor8 commented
    March 8th, 2006 at 4:35pm

Interesting what you said about Burberry being a bit on the trashy side to Brits. I never knew that! I personally don’t wear Burberry, I am an Escada, Calvin, or
    Clinque Happy girl myself… but the new Burberry scent was lovely… To me, I was more inspired by the collage than anything else because I really love London. My good friend moved to London about 6 years ago and he is applying to be a citizen now, he never wants to return to Boston. He is in Spitalfields (so jealous….love it there, lots of true cockneys and street markets.)

Rachel is amazing – you are all right! She has this endearing quality, and I thought her performance in About a Boy was excellent, especially how she interacted with Will at the table as he told her Marcus wasn’t really his son.

I miss London whether it’s raining or not, I don’t care – it’s the vibe, the synenergy I miss. Although, I’m sure if I actually lived in Notting Hill, like you Paola, I’d eventually tire of the weather after the new wore off. Ohhh how I’d love the opportunity to live there and have to deal with the new wearing off though! :)

xo
    Holly

6. Romely commented
    March 9th, 2006 at 10:39pm

I got to see Rachel Weisz in person at the Oscars Red Carpet arrivals and she was very poised and carried herself well despite all the media frenzy. She looked stunning her dress…tv coverage doesn’t do it justice!

7. Miss V commented
    March 10th, 2006 at 12:48am

I love these ads and Rachel is wonderful. She is on the cover of the April UK Vogue. Can’t wait to get it.