Burberry – Rachel Weisz

March 7, 2006

Burberry   Rachel Weisz
I know this is a bit off topic, but have you seen the new it girl for Burberry   Rachel Weisz
Do you like it? Thoughts?

(photos from burberry)

You Might Also Like

• Reply joy March 7, 2006 at 8:39 pm

LOVE it! Thanks for letting me know about the new ad Holly & for thinking of me!

• Reply Romely March 8, 2006 at 6:41 am

What great collage ads for Burberry! I didn’t realize that this was Rachel Weisz.

• Reply Paola March 8, 2006 at 10:45 am

The ads are STUNNING. I love that collage effect.

Though the Burberry brand in the UK has got a few problems at the moment as it is now seen as an emblem of ‘chav’ culture (I think your equivalent would be redneck or trailer trash – ie. Britney Spears would be wearing it if she lived here). Of course they never wear the real thing, but cheap rip-offs of Burberry check available from all the street markets.

Also I wouldn’t get too nostalgic for London in the Spring if I were you – as I speak it is pouring down with rain and the whole world is grey ;)

• Reply Anonymous March 8, 2006 at 3:22 pm

I’m not a fan of Burberry but a huge fan of Rachel W. Glad to see she’s being noticed–The Constant Gardner was an amazing film and am glad she’s garnering the attention she deserves!

• Reply decor8 March 8, 2006 at 4:35 pm

Interesting what you said about Burberry being a bit on the trashy side to Brits. I never knew that! I personally don’t wear Burberry, I am an Escada, Calvin, or
    Clinque Happy girl myself… but the new Burberry scent was lovely… To me, I was more inspired by the collage than anything else because I really love London. My good friend moved to London about 6 years ago and he is applying to be a citizen now, he never wants to return to Boston. He is in Spitalfields (so jealous….love it there, lots of true cockneys and street markets.)

Rachel is amazing – you are all right! She has this endearing quality, and I thought her performance in About a Boy was excellent, especially how she interacted with Will at the table as he told her Marcus wasn’t really his son.

I miss London whether it’s raining or not, I don’t care – it’s the vibe, the synenergy I miss. Although, I’m sure if I actually lived in Notting Hill, like you Paola, I’d eventually tire of the weather after the new wore off. Ohhh how I’d love the opportunity to live there and have to deal with the new wearing off though! :)

• Reply Romely March 9, 2006 at 10:39 pm

I got to see Rachel Weisz in person at the Oscars Red Carpet arrivals and she was very poised and carried herself well despite all the media frenzy. She looked stunning her dress…tv coverage doesn’t do it justice!

• Reply Miss V March 10, 2006 at 12:48 am

I love these ads and Rachel is wonderful. She is on the cover of the April UK Vogue. Can’t wait to get it.