Poppy Cotton

If you love mid century modern combined with eye poppin’ bold vintage textiles, Poppy Cotton is the place for you. Specializing in home accessories handcrafted from vintage textiles, they feature kerchief pillows, cotton pillows, wall hangings and bright funkadelic lampshades that will remind you of times past. Wayyyy past. Melissa Cotton Womack is the designer behind Poppy Cotton, a Park Slope Brooklyn resident that designs with the goal of recreating the feel of some of her favorite movies, like The Stepford Wives. Melissa blends vintage and modern florals to create whimsical charm for the home. I think they’re pretty groovy, baby! Love those orange poppy blooms. Delish!

(images from Poppy Cotton.)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on March 31, 2006

1. DesignGal commented
    April 3rd, 2006 at 9:42pm

I love these pillows….I love pillows period. These are so cute! If I wasn’t married I’d have pillows everywhere,lol…my husband is good about stuff like that…I just wouldn’t subject him to that though I’m being considerate,LOL.

2. decor8 commented
    April 4th, 2006 at 12:14am

I totally relate. When my husband first moved to the states in 2001, he couldn’t get over all the pillows we have in American homes. He’s learned to accept them over time, and I spot him using them a lot when he’s lounging on the sofa so I know he secretly likes them. I would have 3 times the amount though if I lived alone though, so I totally hear ya! :)

Holly

3. Enkhe commented
    March 25th, 2008 at 7:33am

Is Betsy Becker from Stone House Studio your sister? I love her creations very much. And your blog is inspiring!

4. decor8 commented
    March 25th, 2008 at 3:18pm

Hi Enkhe,
    No sorry, I don’t know who Betsy Becker is and I am not related to her.

5. Tereza commented