uncategorized

Junk Market Style

April 20, 2006

Junk Market StyleKi Nassauer and Sue Whitney are the junk masters behind Junk Market Style. These crafty ladies transform trash into treasure for both home and garden. Ki and Sue are also the editors-at-large and monthly columnists for Country Home Magazine. On May 2, you can find their special interest magazine (in the U.S.) at your local newsstand aptly titled Junk Market Style. While reading up about these ladies, I discovered that they design home accessory products for Target, host national events and feature online projects – some including tips on creating a pretty outdoor space using cheap finds and a lot of creativity. What an awesome twosome!

psst: Don’t miss their list of favorite ‘junk’ shops in the midwest.

(images from junk market style)

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

• Reply BohemianD April 21, 2006 at 12:41 pm

I knew about junk style but i had NO idea these spunky ladies were so busy! I can’t wait to see the magazine! I think I will definitely have to get it the moment it hits newstands! I’m so excited!

• Reply Anonymous July 12, 2006 at 3:09 am

Fabulous premier issue! Keep up the good work. Wondering if this magazine is going to become a “new regular” favorite on the stands – anyone know?

• Reply Anonymous August 13, 2006 at 1:19 am

Okay, my mother in law picked up the magazine while vacationing on the east coast. We live in Michigan and I cannot find a copy of it anywhere… I was told it may only be released regionally. The premier was only supposed to stay displayed until 8-1 so does anyone know if it was released??
    I’ve already made 2 of the projects…the birdcage/stationary holder and the picket fence memo board….so cheap and adorable!!
    Counting the days till the next issue!!!

• Reply Anonymous August 29, 2006 at 3:27 pm

This is for the Michigan resident- it was available in Southwest Michigan but didn’t last long!

• Reply Anonymous November 11, 2006 at 5:36 pm

I’ve been patiently waiting for the next issue!! The first one was great. Love all the ideas and am glad to know that nothing has to match and still look fabulous and can use anything you find.

• Reply boliyou March 6, 2008 at 2:26 am

I loved this book. Such great, clever ideas. Sue was in town over the weekend, but I missed her. Maybe next time…

• Reply Anonymous March 30, 2008 at 1:33 am

The GALS from JunkMarket are at it again. Their second book, titled “Junk Beautiful” was just published. They are on a current book tour, so check out their website to see if they will be near you soon. http://www.junkmarketstyle.com.