Tricia Guild Pattern: New book to release in September!

I’m so excited that Tricia Guild, the queen of color, is releasing another book, Tricia Guild Pattern: Using Pattern to Create Sophisticated, Show-stopping Interiors, on September 26th. I couldn’t be happier, she’s somewhat of a design celeb to me, a designer that I’d love to meet and chat with for hours because I can’t imagine walking away from her feeling anything less than completely honored and thoroughly inspired.

In design school, we were taught color theory via the color wheel (of course), Pantone, the Colar-aid system, painting with acrylics until our fingers fell off, and by constantly studying everything we could about Tricia Guild, the color maven behind the Designer’s Guild in London. Of course, we also had to explore the history of color, which I found fascinating, as well as the use of color throughout the ages and by culture, as well as how color affects mood in a space. If you’re a designer, you well know that color theory is one of the most fascinating courses that you may ever take – for me, it stood out as the foundation to everything else that I was taught then, and what I continue to learn in school and as a practicing design consultant.

I don’t even have to crack open Tricia Guild Pattern to know that I’ll love it. I imagine it to be a page turning color fest. Pre-order your copy here at Amazon for only $25.

(images from amazon and designers guild)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on June 24, 2006

1. Lilli commented
    June 25th, 2006 at 1:09am

Thanks for the heads-up about Tricia Guild’s new book. I’ll thrilled!

Back in the early 90s I happened across one of her books and have never looked back. I thought “Here is someone who isn’t afraid to use colour. I’m not the only one who craves bright contrasting colours!” Back in those days we weren’t seeing much of that.

Thanks for all you do to keep us informed :)

2. joy commented
    June 25th, 2006 at 9:39pm

oooh, can’t wait!l

3. bowie style commented
    June 26th, 2006 at 9:17am

i met tricia guild at decorex a couple of years ago and she was lovely. shes truly one of the greats. rather embarrassingly i told her she was my inspiration and hero.

4. idahostudios commented
    June 26th, 2006 at 9:45pm

Rock on…..can’t wait….I’m equally as enthusiastic about her!!!!!!

5. Zach's Dame commented
    June 26th, 2006 at 9:46pm

Ooooo! I love the Designer’s Guild! Thanks for the tip. ;)

6. decor8 commented
    June 28th, 2006 at 3:12am

i can’t believe you met tricia guild, bowie style! that must have been something else, especially for you, a lover of color.

i know – the upcoming book, i’m assuming, will be terrific. we need a few new design books focusing on color lately. everything i see is minimalist and clean. i’m looking forward to seeing some bold colors again.

holly