coffee + cre8tive {june 26 ’06}

Are you planning to get away this summer? We’re thinking of heading either to Chicago, Savannah, San Francisco, or Martha’s Vineyard, but I have to admit, with my poor lack of planning this year, we may simply end up at some Irish pub in Boston flicking coasters at eachother and sharing a few rounds with friends.

After our nearly 3 week adventure last summer to Baja Mexico and southern California, I doubt we’ll top that this year. Visited beautiful sunny Baja, relaxed in San Diego and La Jolla (fish tacos are delicious), stayed on the beach in Santa Monica (drinking mojitos on the 3rd St. promenade was nice), shopped Montana Avenue, toured the Getty museum for the first time (loved that), met designer Rachel Ashwell, and then the ultimate highlight for those of us tucked away here in New England without much exposure to celebs – we attended the Batman Begins premiere in Hollywood.

So, we’re still trying to figure out what to do this summer. What about you, any plans?

(images copyright 2006 decor8)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on June 26, 2006

1. d. commented
    June 26th, 2006 at 6:30pm

We’re going to hit San Fran, one of my favorite cities, real soon. It’ll be good to get out of the heat, and I think by the time we go, SF will be back to its normal temps (knock on wood)! We’re also going to visit Vegas in the fall for a couple of days… :) Hope you get to travel where you want!

2. Hayan Design commented
    June 26th, 2006 at 7:08pm

I don’t think i will get out much this summer, but as a local san diegan I think i will strolled the streets of hillcrest, ocean beach, downtown…cross the border to rosarito or ensenada beach!

3. Funky Finds commented
    June 26th, 2006 at 7:36pm

I’m going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in a few weeks. It’s such a short flight from Texas. We went to Cancun last year & had a great time. So going back for more sand, sun, and fun!

4. Nikki commented
    June 26th, 2006 at 8:27pm

I recently went out to San Francisco for work and loved it! Great food, shopping, and sites. Plus, Point Reyes National Seashore is a short drive away, and one of the most beautiful places I’ve been to in the U.S.

5. karyn commented
    June 26th, 2006 at 9:59pm

We are taking the kids to Disney — Orlando to see the big mouse. We’re fully prepared to go into debt, but my boys are only going to be little once. Mickey Mouse ears, $100 admission tickets and $5 pepsi’s for all. Hip hip horray.

What am I thinking?

Karyn

6. decor8 commented
    June 28th, 2006 at 3:08am

wow sounds like you ladies have some FUN things going on this summer… S.F., Mexico, Vegas, Orlando – those sound like some great plans.

holly