Brocade Home – Sneak Peek!

The premiere issue of Brocade Home arrived today, and if it had a flavor, it would be raspberry dark chocolate cake. It’s melt-in-your mouth velvety sweetness, with lots of sensual curves from chair legs to seductive sconces and carved headboards. The catalog is 63 pages of delicious furniture, lighting, rugs, accessories, and anything else you need for plumping your nest. Fusing the past with the present, Brocade Home delivers wonderfully feminine design using reproductions of the past. It’s luxury without the hefty price tag, in fact a hand-carved armchair with a coffee finish and jacquard upholstery is $349, swirly scroll ledge shelfing is $39-69, ornate crystal chandeliers are $199-599, and their plusher-than-thou chenille rugs (yes, chenille!) range from $169-699. You can’t help but think that maybe you can actually afford the lifestyle you crave. You can live like a queen in your own kingdom, whether it’s a studio apartment in the Boston or a home in the ‘burbs.

Overall, the catalog layout and typefaces are impressive, you can quickly locate prices, descriptions are thorough, and most items are shown in actual rooms so you can get a sense of scale (vs. basic product shots), and the photography is stunning. It’s Anthropologie, Elle Decor UK, and posh London flat rolled into one. The overall feel is dark, rich, warm, decadent, sexy.

If you want a slice of this posh feminine living, visit Brocade Home online and sign up for their catalog – it’s dessert of the non-caloric kind. :)

View their complete catalog online or request a catalog.

(photos from decor8)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on September 06, 2006

1. Maryam in Marrakesh commented
    September 6th, 2006 at 10:12pm

oooooooh! I can’t wait to see this! Their catalogue can’t be viewed on line yet :-(. Rats! The downside to living in Marrakesh for me. But I am already plotting how to get my hands on some of these items for bedrooms in my guest house…

Thanks for giving me a peek!

2. Erin T commented
    September 6th, 2006 at 10:25pm

I can’t wait to get my catalog – I signed up about a month ago! Our style is mostly clean-lined and modern but I absolutely love the idea of mixing in some feminine and Baroque-inspired pieces. A carved mirror or an over-the-top chandelier might add a little sophistication or even whimsy to all the hard lines we have.
    I’m looking forward to seeing the room shots with those yummy dark hardwoods and white walls with molding. The prices seem to be pretty fair too.
    Holly – is that lovely chocolate and purple jacquard box from Brocade? It’s so pretty!

3. jade commented
    September 6th, 2006 at 10:50pm

oh Holly! I’m so envious…I can hardly wait to get my copy.
    What is that gorgeous box in the background…don’t tell me that came with it..it’s beautiful!!!

Jennifer

4. Elaine commented
    September 7th, 2006 at 12:39pm

I love love that page of chandeliers! I wanted to do a chandelier silk screened tee a few years ago, but didn’t do it that season, and then the next, the market was flooded. But I still like it so much! I think I could sell them anyway, should I do one? What do you and your readers think? Feedback much appreciated.

5. Tongue in Cheek Antiques commented
    September 7th, 2006 at 3:54pm

I feel I slipped into a local antique store here in France…dipped eveything in chocolate, velvet and rearranged the pieces with a hint of modern flare. Voila! Brocade Home! But Brocade home has a gentlier price tag, what a paradiscal trip!! I want it all, tied up with the satin bow too please!!

6. h commented
    September 7th, 2006 at 5:29pm

oh i signed up for a catalog…i was going to ask the same question that jade did about that lovely box in the background..do tell us where you got it…

elaine, i’d soooo buy a chandelier tshirt. i’m chandelier obsessed right now. i would die happy if i could hang a beautiful chandelier in my space. of course money is always an issue. so a tshirt would probably temporarily pacify me =P

7. decor8 commented
    September 7th, 2006 at 5:37pm

Yes, the box is from Brocade Home. It’s this chocolate and lilac jacquard covered jewelry box with a silver medallion on the outside and a crushed lilac velvet interior. Inside, the catalog was rolled up and tied with a satin chocolate ribbon. When the Fed Ex truck rolled in what a box from Brocade Home I thought, “strange, I didn’t order anything…”. I guess they read my earlier post about them because there was a hand written card thanking me for writing about them on decor8 – it was from the SVP of Brocade Home! Sometimes I forget that word travels fast and you never know who is ready blogs these days. This meant a lot to me, to get a little present, I have been flying ever since.

Elaine – YES I would so love a chandelier t-shirt. You can call it Chandy for short. That would be cute. I would love one in teal with a black silhouette chandelier on it, or a white silhouette. :)

Holly

8. Anonymous commented
    September 8th, 2006 at 3:20am

ah crap, i’d best go check my mail.

9. Asli commented
    September 8th, 2006 at 7:40am

Oh – I’m currently travelling overseas but can’t wait to go back home and find this in the mail!

Thanks Holly for sharing!

Asli

10. decor8 commented
    September 8th, 2006 at 2:25pm

Asli are you back home in Turkey?

11. Asli commented
    September 12th, 2006 at 3:44pm

yes – I was in Turkey

Just came back and was seriously down last night because no Brocade Home in the mail:)

12. Elaine commented
    February 1st, 2007 at 6:20pm

hey, i just realized people commented on
    my chandelier tee query. thank you! i do want to do one. i have images saved and everything…………

Trackbacks and Pingbacks