Addresse: Melissa in California (#112)

Meet blogger and crafter Melissa from Sacramento…

I am so lucky to have a room dedicated to crafting and sewing (as long as we don’t have a guest staying over). Enjoy the tour of my colorful craft/guest room!

My craft room is most like the fabulous stationary design Addressee. I wanted to be more creative than to go with matching colors but the bright green with bold black and white text caught my eye immediately. The overlapping letters work with my craft room which is usually 3 feet deep in stuff and piles.

Nearly everything in the room has been handmade my me or my husband. The nightstand was a rescue from the trash, a quick coat of paint makes it match perfectly. The art on the walls is also a budget deal, I got a magazine after Jan 1 for a buck and used the black and white images as art. I used upholstery tacks to put the images on black squares of wood. I love that my threads and other notions are off the table and hanging in the fruit basket.

I also love the curtains, you have to roll them by hand (around a decorator fabric tube that the fabric store gave me). Grosgrain ribbon provides an accent and holds the rolls in place at any height.

I finally covered all the storage with a quick curtain (sheet) from Ikea. I didn’t want to compete with the focal point of the bed so I stuck with white.The sign above the closet (if you can read it) says “The Shed” and is the one thing I took from my former craft room at our old house. My husband built me a free standing miniature house for crafting. Even though it was fully finished we called it the shed. Ok, that’s enough! Enjoy. Thanks for inspiring me to CLEAN!

Please click on images for larger views.

So! That was the last of the top 12 selected from our many entries in the Workspace Contest sponsored by Fabulous Stationery. One 3 will be chosen to recieve gift certificates from Fabulous Statationey – and these 3 will be determined largely by our readers, so cast your vote by commenting on your favorites! You may also email me at decor8blog[at]yahoo[dot]com if you’d like.

Winners will be announced on Monday, October 16th, so stay tuned!

COMMENTS?

(images by melissa for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in contests, workspace on October 13, 2006

1. Anonymous commented
    October 13th, 2006 at 1:40pm

What a great idea to store the thread in a hanging fruit basket.
    I need to tell my mom about this idea.
    Love the color on the wall!!
    ~Angie~

2. Anonymous commented
    October 13th, 2006 at 4:55pm

What a great color! My Red walls are officially gone, your green is in. It’s hot!

3. jen commented
    October 13th, 2006 at 6:24pm

oh i love the beadboard/bin pull cabinet! gorgeous!

4. natty. commented
    October 13th, 2006 at 9:15pm

I never would have thought that a green wall like that would look so awesome with black and white, but yours does!
    It’s tight. Love the bed too.

5. Miss Magic commented
    October 16th, 2006 at 2:57am

I love this room; if I had a craft room, this is what I’d want it to look like. But I really want to know where those beadboard cabinets came from!

6. spstocker commented
    February 4th, 2008 at 11:39pm

how can I contact her to find out where she got that green paint from?

7. spstocker commented
    February 4th, 2008 at 11:40pm

how can I contact her to find out where to find that color green? It’s beautiful.