uncategorized

Daisy: Cristin in Texas (#110)

October 13, 2006

Daisy: Cristin in Texas (#110)Just this month, I converted a small closet into a scrapbook space where I can work on my favorite hobby. I painted a wide band of color around the closet space. The interior of the closet was already a glossy white, which works well to reflect light in such a small space.

Daisy: Cristin in Texas (#110)For the Fabulous Stationery card my scrap space most resembles, I chose Daisy. I love flowery, girly looking spaces, so these flower cards spoke to me. :) I could see this card on my magnetic board next to the other cards. The flower petals also reflect the scalloped boxes in my space.

Daisy: Cristin in Texas (#110)
I placed the desktop at a standing height because I like to work standing up or sitting on a barstool.

Daisy: Cristin in Texas (#110)
I installed a white plastic peg board to hold frequently used tools and covered cork board tiles with fabric for a quick bulletin board.

Daisy: Cristin in Texas (#110)
Daisy: Cristin in Texas (#110)The scalloped boxes on the top shelf hold supplies and they are all labeled for easy reference. Most of my scrapbook supplies fit here because I mainly shop for specific projects as I need an item. I’m also ruthless about getting rid of stuff I don’t use. I store my albums elsewhere. The bookcase to the left (not shown) of my scrap closet holds sewing supplies, magazines and other misc. crafty stuff. ;)
Daisy: Cristin in Texas (#110) Oh, I also threw in a “before” picture because I love before and afters!

BEFORE (blush!)

Daisy: Cristin in Texas (#110)
AFTER (smiles!)

Daisy: Cristin in Texas (#110)Thanks for looking at my room and thanks for the contest–it motivated me to get my space completed in less than a month! I had a lot of fun!!

Please click on images for larger views.

COMMENTS?

(images from cristin for decor8)

You Might Also Like

44 Comments

• Reply Anonymous October 13, 2006 at 1:38 pm

Wow I love the colors.
    Great Space.
    ~Angie~

• Reply rifferaff October 13, 2006 at 3:04 pm

I love the pegboard!

• Reply Eve October 13, 2006 at 3:09 pm

Cristin from texas.. you and your space are truly inspirational to any and everyone. You have just shown us what can be achieved in just one month’s time. And also that if one gets creative enough a drab closet space can be transformed in to zen space. With a lamp and a desk and a peg board plus attractive shelving for storage you have you have turned that closet space in to a work of art. This entry should also be sent to christopher lowell where he gives small spaces to designers and asks them to make it functional. This is also a great example for “mission organization” because everything in here is so organized. You have done an amazing job. And those people who complain “oh i dont have enough room” you have shown with an example how little room is needed to have an inspiring corner of your own. Love it love it love it.

Eve

• Reply Funky Finds October 13, 2006 at 3:14 pm

such a cute, girly space!

• Reply Anonymous October 13, 2006 at 3:19 pm

Love your space! I wish mine looked half as good as this. What a wonderful way to convert a closet into your scrap space. I like the way you have your items organized on your peg board and on the shelf.

• Reply spencerkellie October 13, 2006 at 4:18 pm

Very nice, Cristin! Love the “girly” colors!

Kellie~

• Reply padrejuan October 13, 2006 at 5:08 pm

Great idea!! Love the colors!!

• Reply Anonymous October 13, 2006 at 5:18 pm

Love it!

• Reply Anonymous October 13, 2006 at 5:21 pm

I can’t believe all that organization in that small space and such good taste. It makes me want to get in there and be creative. Super use of a small space.

• Reply Anonymous October 13, 2006 at 5:50 pm

Love the room/closet/space! My favorite thing is the glass shelf and the matching jars! It just looks like a place where you can go in and simply create! Way to go Cristin!

~John

• Reply Katherine October 13, 2006 at 7:07 pm

Cristin,

I love the space! I love the colors that you have chosen and the way you made the space work for you!! I bet it is nice to know you have your little special place now.

Beautiful!

Katherine

• Reply Bobi October 13, 2006 at 7:18 pm

that is the greatest idea for people who don’t have ROOMS to redo for scrapbook space…every home has huge closets.

• Reply Anonymous October 13, 2006 at 7:21 pm

Cristin,

You are as talented as you are beautiful and sweet spirited.

It’s a joy to know you and see you grow as an accomplished business owner and artist!

Love you

Debbie Setliff

p.s. I have this clost upstairs….. :-D

• Reply Sharon October 13, 2006 at 7:56 pm

Cristin: This is so cute! I love all the brightness and all the light! My own space is very dark in comparison. And I love the girly look! Way to go!

• Reply Stephanie October 13, 2006 at 8:10 pm

I absolutely LOVE those scalloped boxes Christin! BEAUTIFUL! :)

• Reply Anonymous October 13, 2006 at 8:23 pm

Cristin, my favorite niece!
    Wow! It’s so-o-o organized. You’ve got a great artist’s eye for color and use of space. It’s as beautiful as you are.
    Love,
    Aunt Sue

P.S. When are you coming to redo my house?!!!!

• Reply natty. October 13, 2006 at 8:47 pm

Wow.

Okay…that one workspace in Mexico was my favorite, but now I’m not sure after seeing this one. The fact that you were able to take such a tiny space and turn it into something so sublime is truly inspirational. Pink and yellow are my favorite colors, and you have shown how to use them to make something absolutely beautiful and not scary. I LOVE the desk and EVERYTHING around it…those lamps are gorgeous. And that PEGBOARD! I’m so jealous!
    Thanks for showing off your stellar space. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if you win the contest.

• Reply Anonymous October 13, 2006 at 9:20 pm

Cristin:
    You are so talented and creative. You ROCK!

Carol

• Reply Anonymous October 13, 2006 at 10:15 pm

Amazing!!! What a great “small” space! It doesn’t feel or look small!! Great use of space, light, color, and organization!! You go girl!!

Connie

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 1:29 am

I love the cheerful, bright colors that you used. I can see why this will be a place of inspiration. I love it….now, will you please come decorate a place for me?? sue

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 3:00 am

WOW, I am SO impressed and so very proud of you. I can’t wait to see it in person. You are definitely talented. Love you, Nancy

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 3:55 am

You are so talented, Cristin. Your scrap space is so cute. I love the way you developed it. You are awesome!!!!!
    Love, Nancy

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 4:28 am

Totally awesome use of limited space, it should be in a magazine or a DIY show. The colors are the icing on the cake. Love it.

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 4:35 am

Cris, you scrap space is as cool, calm, and collected as you are. Organized and a place for everything. Very feminine and business like at the same time. The scalloped boxes really are neat.

Glenda

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 4:53 am

Love the colors

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 4:55 am

I really like the pegboard and your corkboard that you covered.

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 11:28 am

Glad to see you are putting your artistic ability to practical use… The bright colors brighten a hidden corner where you can work and involve yourself as you work in your own dreamworld and imagination.

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 1:31 pm

You did a great job! Bright, organized, and functional-this space has it all!
    AWESOME!!
    Darcie in IA ;)

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 1:36 pm

Way to go Cristin!! Looks beautiful!! I wish I had an extra closet to do this in!! :)

Your cousin,
    Ang

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 3:27 pm

This is a great space. You showed that you don’t need a whole room to make a special and funtional place. Great Job!

Carey

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 4:35 pm

Great job, Cristin….love the colors

Belinda

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 4:45 pm

Very nice space.

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 4:46 pm

Nice and bright, some of my favorite colors. Love the scalloped baskets and your sign looks great in your room.

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 4:47 pm

I agree with Eve – send this over to Christopher Lowell and Mission organization!

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 5:04 pm

You should go into business for yourself setting up peoples craft space.

• Reply Anonymous October 14, 2006 at 5:54 pm

love what Cristin has done with the space. It looks so bright and cheerful. Cristin is very creative and is an inspiration. Makes me want to do more to my scrapping space. Thanks for the ideas.

Becky

• Reply Carmen Perez October 15, 2006 at 1:02 am

Cristin,
    This totally ROCKS! You can redesign my scrap area (It’s a mess). Great Job!!
    Carmen

• Reply Anonymous October 15, 2006 at 2:15 am

Cristin: We are so proud of you. I can hardly wait to see it. Grandma C.

• Reply merideth October 15, 2006 at 12:25 pm

Hey there! God has gifted you with such a sweet spirit and a great talent! Great Job! This will show everyone what you can do with a little bit of space..awesome!

• Reply *Angela* October 16, 2006 at 2:37 am

I love what you did with such a small space – great job!!

• Reply Shelli October 16, 2006 at 3:10 pm

I vote for this one – it’s A VERY imaginative use of a space, and the colors are wonderful, and it look sgrand!

Shelli

• Reply maria August 8, 2008 at 5:30 pm

I love what you did. Now I’m gping to go and fix up my scrap place

• Reply Loretta in AZ August 9, 2008 at 8:32 pm

How cute! I am going to try this in my 8×10 room. I bet I can make it work!

• Reply Francine December 8, 2008 at 7:32 pm

I love what you did with the closet!! I redid my basement into a studio as well after having had 7 floods!!!!. I made one side a Paris Cafe with a wall mural and a little bistro table and chairs. It is amazing what you can do with small spaces if you put your mind to it!!

Francines last blog post: Metallic Brooch