The Candy Thief

I know this isn’t for the home, but since this is a blog about good design, I couldn’t resist sharing The Candy Thief with you today. She has some of the most gorgeous neckwear and vintage button creations. I haven’t laid eyes on neckwear like this before, I’m absolutely smitten. I’d love to wear this with my winter coat, it’s quite a nice look for staying warm, especially for days when you want a crisp, clean look without the bulk of a scarf. So, so pretty…

(the candy thief)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, fashion + accessories on December 20, 2006

1. cruststation commented
    December 20th, 2006 at 11:35am

It’s absolutely beautfiul and so creative too.

2. anh-minh commented
    December 20th, 2006 at 3:43pm

wow. i love the leaf neckwarmer! (if only it wasn’t made of wool – which i’m allergic to.) and candy thief’s felt/button flowers may be the best ones i’ve seen out there.

3. decor8 commented
    December 20th, 2006 at 4:13pm

i’m allergic to wool too -don’t you hate that a-m? so much of what i find and love i cannot wear. seems everything here in new england is made of wool…

4. Anonymous commented
    December 21st, 2006 at 3:22am

Looks like a craft project. Sorry.

5. Design Out Loud commented
    December 21st, 2006 at 5:03pm

the neckwarmer is very creative..

6. M. Patrizio commented
    December 21st, 2006 at 5:27pm

I saw the leaf one in person this weekend at bazaar bizarre and it looks great! Wool makes me really itchy too!! I guess I am allergic as well?!

7. decor8 commented
    December 22nd, 2006 at 1:31am

marilyn – i don’t actually know what defines an actual wool allergy. i just say i’m allergic, but honestly, i have no clue. it’s just my quick explanation for when i can’t accept a wool gift from a family member. :) but honestly, it makes my skin crawl. the moment i wear a wool sweater or cuddle with a wool blanket, my skin gets red and i feel like i’m going to lose my mind and a billion needles are sticking into my skin. i don’t know what to call this freak outish moment, so i just say, “sorry, i’m allergic”. :)

8. M. Patrizio commented
    December 24th, 2006 at 3:25pm

Thanks, I am going to use that for the ugly sweater gifts this year :)

9. CountryGirl_CityLife commented
    December 29th, 2006 at 2:39pm

This is so chic, I have also seen a feather one made out of real feathers, possibly by the same designer? I can’t check the etsy site because it is blocked at work (the horror!).

Anyway I just discovered this blog, love it!

10. Elijah Wyman commented
    January 1st, 2007 at 9:43pm

I love the candy thief. I bought one of the neck warmers and some felt hair clips for my wife at the bizaar bazaar.

For those wool haters, the part that touches your neck is actually lined with a different material. Cotton?

Yup,
    -eli.

11. D Balogh commented
    January 2nd, 2007 at 8:53pm

CT is a good friend of mine from back home, and over the years I’ve seen talent just ooze from every pore of her. With all that talent, she found something that she can sink her teeth into and start making some money from, a difficult journey for any youngblooded designer (just ask my girlfriend, a jewelry designer). Speakin of, she owns 2 of her pieces and loves them. Cheers!