Mayberry Sparrow

December 21, 2006

Mayberry Sparrow
I really love these original hand carved block prints from Etsy seller Mayberry Sparrow. The Swedish horse notecards are my favorite (in blue, although other colors are available), I’d love to see this print on a tea towel, wouldn’t you? Mayberry Sparrow also does custom work, as she says, “I’m always happy to carve another stamp!”.

In addition to stationery, I even spotted some pretty handmade blankets. Mayberry Sparrow has a dash of whimsy to their work that I really like, it’s colorful and just makes me smile. In the end, isn’t that why we are so drawn to design of all kinds, because it just makes us feel good?

(images from mayberry sparrow)

You Might Also Like

• Reply lottie December 21, 2006 at 6:03 pm

Holly this is a great find – thank you! I have a blue Dalarna horse on my Christmas tree and I’m so fond of it. I think I might treat myself to some of those cards…

• Reply decor8 December 21, 2006 at 6:07 pm

Oh nice! I’m glad you liked them, they were my favorites, too. I didn’t realize that horse was called Dalarna. I’m googling it to get some history, I’ve seen it on textiles and in art over the years, but never knew anything about its origins. Time to learn!

• Reply decor8 December 21, 2006 at 6:08 pm

I just found a good website for learning about it…

I’m off to go read it now!

• Reply lottie December 21, 2006 at 8:45 pm

That’s a great link. I love the idea of the horses being carved by the fire. I wrote my university thesis on Carl Larsson’s house and spent some all too brief time in the region one winter nearly ten years ago. It is really beautiful and the house is well worth a visit.

• Reply decor8 December 22, 2006 at 1:23 am

yeah image that as a winter pasttime. nice thought. your thesis sounds very interesting, is it online anywhere, i’d like to read it.

• Reply Corrie (corrabelle) Sweiger, The Mayberry Sparrow January 22, 2007 at 2:43 am

Hello! Thanks for posting my items in your blog! If you send me email me your mailing address at themayberrysparrow [at] yahoo [dot] ca, I have a little thankyou package to send you! : )

• Reply decor8 January 22, 2007 at 4:47 am

Hi there, That is very nice, but you don’t have to send me anything! I don’t write on this blog for free stuff, I write because I find things I love and randomly post about it. But thank you for the offer – that is very sweet. I wish you much success in your Etsy business!