Rainy Prints

I love the look of Rainy Prints, who create these really nice hand-pressed linoleum cuts. So affordable, too. See the process to printmaking here on the Rainy blog. I love this blog – a teaching blog. I’d love to find more blogs that explain a process, like how to sew, reupholster furniture, how to get started on a letterpress, textile design, etc. I know they would be very time consuming, and most small business owners do not have the time to blog about their work in addition to create, market, ship, deal with customers, present at shows, etc. That’s why a blog like Rainy Prints is so unique and special to me. Do you know of any process oriented blogs on said topics?

(images from rainy prints)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, blogs, etsy, walls on December 21, 2006

1. Anonymous commented
    December 21st, 2006 at 4:43pm

I was curious what type of interiors you do design consulting on? You never share your work or your process with us! You’ve only shown what? One shelf above your desk with trinkets! Show and tell already. We can be anything we want online, but showing or not is really telling!

2. michelle commented
    December 21st, 2006 at 5:12pm

That’s a little harsh, maybe you should be a blogger and share your entire life online, then you can throw stones. Holly shares plenty!

3. decor8 commented
    December 21st, 2006 at 5:51pm

anon is right, I don’t share my process or home photos on this blog anymore. I started to, but I felt uncomfortable because I really don’t want decor8 to become a place where I promote my own work. It’s a place to catalog things that I love, at least, that’s why I started it and what I intend to keep it as. And anon, I love my trinket shelf, it’s over my desk, and it makes me happy! don’t hate on the trinkets!!!

Holly

4. Anonymous commented
    December 21st, 2006 at 6:42pm

Great find. Do you read the Make It blog? They have some process stuff on that blog. I don’t know of blogs that show how to create textiles or letterpress though.

5. decor8 commented
    December 22nd, 2006 at 1:24am

oh yeah i love make it, they are over on my blogroll in fact – terrific place.