Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves, Rooms

Shawn Stucky

December 21, 2006

Shawn Stucky
Chicago-based Shawn Stucky rocks. I love his three-color hand pulled screen prints and since he’s color blind, I’m that much more amazed by his fantastic color combinations and works…

(images from shawn stucky)

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Mark Alcarez December 21, 2006 at 9:29 pm

Yeah, I love the color-very bold and crayon-esque- Nice Find!!!

• Reply kiminottawa December 21, 2006 at 9:44 pm

dammit….lovin’ these too. i’m going to have to start a second picture wall at this rate!

• Reply Philena December 21, 2006 at 11:32 pm

I bought some of his prints on etsy. They look even better in person than they do online; the colors are so rich and lovely.

• Reply Mike December 22, 2006 at 2:33 am

nice find! I love the weathered look of these.

• Reply decor8 December 22, 2006 at 2:38 am

glad you like ’em mike!!

• Reply shoobydoo December 27, 2006 at 3:12 pm

wow, I love the colour combinations and the worn look to them…I like it when art doesn’t look perfect and pristine!

• Reply Anonymous December 28, 2006 at 6:23 am

decor8 said…

i love that turquoise one… it’s very pretty. i’d love to know exactly what inspires him, what these images are saying to him… or what he is trying to say through these images, really.

————————————–

I googled my name today and I saw your blog about me.

In short, my work expresses the unnamed feelings we experience in life. I’m inspired by music, love and the unconscious waves that flow into me. The ten prints I designed are showing the transition of my life within four months of last year (January – April 2006) It was within this time period that I was able to capture and control these unconscious waves I experience.

If you have a specific question about my work email me and ask, I’ll share my thoughts with you: sgstucky@yahoo!com

(FYI change the ! to a . in my email I did that to avoid spamming)

stucky*

• Reply decor8 December 28, 2006 at 6:30 am

Thank you so much for your comment – I’m glad you stopped by.

Also, thanks for leaving your email address, I couldn’t locate it via Etsy, so again, thanks. You’ve answered my question though. So thanks again.

• Reply The Happiness Workshop Brisbane August 31, 2008 at 2:04 am

Great post, thanks! It is something to think about