Shawn Stucky

Chicago-based Shawn Stucky rocks. I love his three-color hand pulled screen prints and since he’s color blind, I’m that much more amazed by his fantastic color combinations and works…

(images from shawn stucky)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, walls on December 21, 2006

1. Mark Alcarez commented
    December 21st, 2006 at 9:29pm

Yeah, I love the color-very bold and crayon-esque- Nice Find!!!

2. kiminottawa commented
    December 21st, 2006 at 9:44pm

dammit….lovin’ these too. i’m going to have to start a second picture wall at this rate!

3. Philena commented
    December 21st, 2006 at 11:32pm

I bought some of his prints on etsy. They look even better in person than they do online; the colors are so rich and lovely.

4. Mike commented
    December 22nd, 2006 at 2:33am

nice find! I love the weathered look of these.

5. decor8 commented
    December 22nd, 2006 at 2:38am

glad you like ‘em mike!!

6. shoobydoo commented
    December 27th, 2006 at 3:12pm

wow, I love the colour combinations and the worn look to them…I like it when art doesn’t look perfect and pristine!

7. Anonymous commented
    December 28th, 2006 at 6:23am

decor8 said…

i love that turquoise one… it’s very pretty. i’d love to know exactly what inspires him, what these images are saying to him… or what he is trying to say through these images, really.

————————————–

I googled my name today and I saw your blog about me.

In short, my work expresses the unnamed feelings we experience in life. I’m inspired by music, love and the unconscious waves that flow into me. The ten prints I designed are showing the transition of my life within four months of last year (January – April 2006) It was within this time period that I was able to capture and control these unconscious waves I experience.

If you have a specific question about my work email me and ask, I’ll share my thoughts with you: sgstucky@yahoo!com

(FYI change the ! to a . in my email I did that to avoid spamming)

stucky*

8. decor8 commented
    December 28th, 2006 at 6:30am

Thank you so much for your comment – I’m glad you stopped by.

Also, thanks for leaving your email address, I couldn’t locate it via Etsy, so again, thanks. You’ve answered my question though. So thanks again.

9. The Happiness Workshop Brisbane commented
    August 31st, 2008 at 2:04am

Great post, thanks! It is something to think about