Books + Magazines

Tord Boontje – New Book!

December 21, 2006

Tord Boontje   New Book!
Outside of Rachael Ray, Tord Boontje seems to be going for world domination these days, and for good reason, his designs are not only beautiful, but appeal to the masses, which could make him a household name here in the states real soon. (Although, when I ask most of my friends (just out of curiousity) who designed the decorations in Target, they usually tell me that either 1) They never even noticed them or, 2) Target has an art department that does that stuff. I’m thinking we still have a ways to go here… Maybe he needs to be booked on Oprah.)

In addition to everything else Tord has his hands on, did you know that he is soon to release a book in the Spring of ’07? You can pre-order it right here on Amazon (I just did). Here is a snippet, straight from his website, which gives us a peek at what we can expect, “We have managed to create a comprehensive book of all activities to date. We have photographed all work to date in the forest, in settings and in the studio to create a spectacular documentation.” Sounds lovely, doesn’t it? Published by Rizzoli. To be released in 24 April 2007.

More details can be found here, where you can also pre order the book.

You Might Also Like

• Reply modmom December 22, 2006 at 12:36 am

i bet you’ll post pictures of the interior pages, super decor8er, so i’ll wait to see

• Reply decor8 December 22, 2006 at 1:20 am

oh that will take some time given i won’t have the book until the end of next april like everyone else!!!

• Reply Heather Moore December 22, 2006 at 7:00 am

Thanks so much for your blog and all the generosity you pour into it.
    Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Year.
    Warm regards

• Reply danielle December 22, 2006 at 8:31 am

Thanks for pointing this book out to me Holly! Another reason to look forward to Spring!!

• Reply Tania Ho December 22, 2006 at 11:06 am

what a coincidence, I just got a gorgeous Tord plate at my local store :) Can’t wait for that book to come out …

• Reply Alex December 26, 2006 at 8:28 pm

the best furniture store

• Reply trendoffice December 27, 2006 at 11:20 am

I like the “world domination” description – that is exactly what Tord Boontje succeded to achieve no matter whether this was his intention or not. He has made all of us accept again the ‘lace’ that our grand-mothers made with love, and introduce it in the most unexpected areas and materials implementations. This has made our lives more romantic and our environment softer and cosier.

• Reply Aunt Beep December 27, 2006 at 4:33 pm

Holly – thanks so much for the tip! We blooged about you here (as usual!) ;)

• Reply Shabby in the City December 27, 2006 at 10:36 pm

Same here! Coincidence! Just bought a die-cut paper doll-like garland with bunnies 1/2 price (yay, me) with Tord’s name on it…I have noticed several artists names on things at Target over the years…I’m gonna go see more about this guy from your recommendations :)

• Reply Anonymous December 29, 2006 at 3:21 pm

I think Tord is doing a series of household items for target, along with their holiday decorations. I saw some plates there and I swear I saw Tord’s name on them.