DIY, Inspiration, Small Business

Inspiration Over The Bed?

January 2, 2007

Inspiration Over The Bed?
What do you think about an inspiration board over the bed?!?! I can’t quite warm up to this idea. One side of me likes it, the other side isn’t convinced that over the bed is the best place. What do YOU think?

(image via marie claire maison)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Fuzzball January 2, 2007 at 7:36 pm

I absolutely love it. Love it!! :D

• Reply Anonymous January 2, 2007 at 7:52 pm

i’ve seen these boards before but never over the bed. i’m leaning more towards not liking it because the placement feels ackward to me.

• Reply Anonymous January 2, 2007 at 7:55 pm

I do like it. I made a similar frame for my bed but left the inside blank. Perhaps framed work would give it a different feel.

• Reply kiminottawa January 2, 2007 at 7:59 pm

You don’t need inspiration in your bedroom you need SLEEP. This would look amazing over a desk in an OFFICE. But i already said all this before ;)

• Reply Kristi aka Fiber Fool January 2, 2007 at 8:35 pm

I think an idea board it great, but I think in the bedroom is the last place I would want it. I have a hard enough time getting to sleep most evenings because I have too many ideas swirling around in my head. In fact. I try to cut myself off of creative reading (magazines, how-to books, blogs) by 8pm in hopes that I can fall asleep a bit faster.

• Reply Marieke January 2, 2007 at 8:37 pm

Hmm, I really like a quiet even zen like bedroom, but this a frame like this with clippings would be so great for my workspace!

• Reply jenna January 2, 2007 at 8:37 pm

I agree with Kim – I love this look of an inspiration board in an empty frame but personally would prefer it in an office instead of a bedroom. However, I do like that hot pink/orange/red color combination and LOVE those awesome lamps. This picture makes me want to see the rest of the room.

• Reply decor8 January 2, 2007 at 9:09 pm

but if you’re sleeping, you won’t really see it, right?

• Reply Anonymous January 2, 2007 at 10:10 pm

I think the bold colors are harder for me to deal with in a bedroom than the inspiration board look.
    It could be a series of mementos also, not necessarily inspiration.
    I would love to have a bunch of fotos I adore to look at the last thing before going to bed.

If inspiration is the intention maybe some would sink in thru my dreams.

• Reply Anonymous January 2, 2007 at 11:42 pm

If I didn’t live in California I would actually use this idea. But during an earthquake all my ideas and inspirations would come crashing down!! :-)

• Reply Anonymous January 3, 2007 at 12:09 am

not over a bed.

• Reply Anonymous January 3, 2007 at 1:49 am

like it to a degree but doesn’t look finished, despite frame… i prefer looking from my bed to my ‘board’ on my closet. besides, that’s not nearly large enough…

• Reply clara January 3, 2007 at 1:57 am

i agree – not for me.

• Reply chloe January 3, 2007 at 3:08 am

I like the look of the frame as a headboard, but all the pictures remind me of the way I had the wall over my bed in university, because I couldn’t find any other space for my promotional postcard collection.

So if this is for a teenager’s room it could be kind of nice, but for an adult? Not so much.

• Reply Abbeyk January 3, 2007 at 3:57 am

Well there’s certainly a lot going on.
    Points for creativity with the finishes of gold, silver, mirror, pink, red– some kind of textured wallpaper, orange, blue, tan and that’s without the fear of things falling on your head.

Gee I am tired just listing it all!

California or not, I don’t think it’s comforting or safe-feeling to have precarious items overhead. You can feel them even if you cannot see them.

This needs some editing. Too much!

• Reply Anonymous January 3, 2007 at 11:20 am

i love this… though i have taken a lot of pictures during the years of my children sleeping, at all different ages, and i would use those photos there… i agree – bedrooms are for sleeping and too much artsy or inspirational type things is distracting… i’m not crazy about bright or bold colors in bedrooms, either… save those for living and partying and exciting places like kitchens and rooms you use for entertaining…

but photos of children sleeping safely and snug are comforting and conducive to my ability to fall asleep. the frame is nice because knowing your boundaries feel safe. some subdued colors and comfy clean sheets and I’m dreaming happy things in no time flat.

love this. well done!

• Reply Cassie January 3, 2007 at 10:29 pm

seems like an impractical place to keep photos for inspiration as stated earlier; one would never be able to view photos when laying in bed. Too cluttered for a bedroom.

Like the frame though.

• Reply alana January 4, 2007 at 6:41 am

I’m not too sure about this particular picture, but I do like the idea in general. Maybe think less along the line of ‘inspiring,’ which could potentially keep you up if you have a sudden epiphany before bed, and more along the lines of ‘relaxing’ or ‘comforting’ – pictures or even smells, if you can put them up there, to send you off to sleep with sweet dreams.

• Reply christi January 4, 2007 at 7:49 pm

I create in the early morning hours between when I’m supposed to be asleep and when I’m trying to get up. I think this would be fantastic on the wall by the bed. I would love to have some quiet, non-computer-based time to dwell on the things I love to look at.

That said, I can’t see myself ripping any of these photos out of a magazine, but I love the chair rail in this room.

• Reply kayte January 4, 2007 at 10:30 pm

this sort of reminds me of the way things were tacked on the wall in friday kahlo’s room in the movie frida, although i liked the randomness of that look more.
    i think this would be really cool in an office but i don’t like it above a bed.

• Reply rebekka January 5, 2007 at 2:04 am

I think, pre-teen magazine cutouts of crushes. From Bop.