Fresh Finds from Lotta Jansdotter

Did you see some of the lovely new things from Lotta Jansdotter? Oh they are really pretty… Try to control yourself. Or not. :) I love her new coasters, potholders, and the little owl bag.

Speaking of bags, I really like her collection of them, in all shapes and sizes. I own several and they not only look great, but they last forever and seem to go with my usual spring/summer attire, which is mostly casual – skirts, flats, jeans, tees, and lots of natural fibers like cotton and linen. The muted colors, soft patterns, and great big handles on her shoulder bags really appeal to me. Then, there’s the mini ones that she creates. Isn’t that little elephant above so adorable? The little bags are perfect for tucking in some gorgeous letterpress stationery and a box of chocolates or tea for gifting a dear friend. They’re also handy to stash things in around the house, from clothespins to makeup, extra silverware (keep them inside on a peg in your pantry), etc. I can’t wait to see if she adds more to her collection this year – fingers crossed, she’ll expand her ceramics line. I’d love to see mugs, plates, and serving dishes!

(images from lotta jansdotter)

Posted by decor8 in fashion + accessories, kitchen on January 04, 2007

1. kumon commented
    January 4th, 2007 at 3:20pm

hi holly -

http://www.paintandpaper.co.uk/ – do you have any affiliation to this store – it is also called decor8.

2. decor8 commented
    January 4th, 2007 at 4:38pm

no. i guess they liked the name though!

3. susanna commented
    January 4th, 2007 at 5:09pm

Oooh… I love the clean lines of her graphics, especially the tea towel with the cups.

PS – I haven’t told you yet but your Rooms I *heart* is one of the most inpiring projects/groupings I’ve found online. I just LOVE looking through all the photos. Great idea!

4. decor8 commented
    January 4th, 2007 at 5:12pm

thank you susanna – yeah i needed a space to quickly catalog all of the images I come across and blogging everything can take a lot of time – plus I love the community aspect. thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I have to start scanning in some images to add from my personal clippings as well.

5. kstyle commented
    January 4th, 2007 at 6:33pm

I love the half apron with the tree. Would work well here in oregon where the tree is sort of a national symbol. Speaking of which they are covered in snow today. k

6. lisa commented
    January 5th, 2007 at 6:50pm

i got lotta’s little owl bag as an xmas gift and i just love it! thanks for the suggestions on what to use it for ;)