Objects, Shopping + Products

Orla Kiely Chair at Anthropologie

January 4, 2007

Orla Kiely Chair at Anthropologie
So… Most of us are Orla lovers, what do you think about her Pear chair over at Anthropologie this season? Like it or? I’d love to see it on a different frame, perhaps a more mid century style chair like the drayton from Jonathan Adler… Your thoughts?
(images from anthropologie)

You Might Also Like

• Reply kiminottawa January 4, 2007 at 6:10 pm

i think the fabric would suit a mid-century chair more, but then the fabric is a nice surprise on the anthroplogie chair that’s more traditional. i’d buy it.

• Reply pinklovesbrown January 4, 2007 at 7:16 pm

I just bought that chair, but in a different fabric. I love the pears, but I didn’t know about them! That must be why they were selling the floor model (the one I bought) ? to bring in the new pear version. Oh well, I still love it in the orange fabric mine has!

I think I like it so much because it is such a traditional shape, but the fabric makes it feel fresh. Plus the curvy shape is a nice compliment to my more clean-lined furniture.

• Reply lottie January 4, 2007 at 8:28 pm

Hi Holly, the next time you’re in London, check out Orla’s shop in Covent Garden. She has some great mid-century furniture upholstered in her fabrics and coloured leather. So covetable!

• Reply Philie January 4, 2007 at 9:05 pm

Hello, I was wondering, what did you do to get a blog like this, I mean commercials, and your picture on the top, with the tittle on it?

Great blog btw, very cool and complete!!!! ;-) Long time that I see a blog like this ! (with design*sponge)

ps: sorry for my awefull english!

• Reply kayte January 4, 2007 at 10:24 pm

i like the mix of the more modern graphic print with the older, more curvy style of chair. i really loved the last print they had on this same chair (the orange-y floral print) but i think i like this one even more!
    i wish i could afford anthro furniture! i couldn’t even with the discount (i freelance there).

• Reply decor8 January 5, 2007 at 3:33 am

kayte – you mention that you freelance there (drool) what do you do?

• Reply kayte January 5, 2007 at 3:48 am

holly- i used to be a visual manager in new york and now i just do visuals for them freelance. it’s pretty fun!!
    ps- i love your blog! i just started reading it but i think i will become a regular.

• Reply decor8 January 5, 2007 at 4:11 am

most impressive. you must have a great design eye. i’m happy you’ve discovered decor8 – feel free to click around in the archives, there’s a lot you’ve missed if you’ve just found the site. have fun — and let me know if you have any questions.

• Reply Another Shade of Grey January 5, 2007 at 6:20 pm

I’ve been eyeing this chair for days now and I’ve decided that while I love the astrid chair, I don’t care for this pattern on it. The side view, which you have up is more flattering to the pattern, but when you view the head on pic it just doesn’t do it for me. I get the feeling you might have felt the same way since you asked the question. :)