Orla Kiely Chair at Anthropologie

So… Most of us are Orla lovers, what do you think about her Pear chair over at Anthropologie this season? Like it or? I’d love to see it on a different frame, perhaps a more mid century style chair like the drayton from Jonathan Adler… Your thoughts?
(images from anthropologie)

Posted by decor8 in furniture, shopping on January 04, 2007

1. kiminottawa commented
    January 4th, 2007 at 6:10pm

i think the fabric would suit a mid-century chair more, but then the fabric is a nice surprise on the anthroplogie chair that’s more traditional. i’d buy it.

2. pinklovesbrown commented
    January 4th, 2007 at 7:16pm

I just bought that chair, but in a different fabric. I love the pears, but I didn’t know about them! That must be why they were selling the floor model (the one I bought) ? to bring in the new pear version. Oh well, I still love it in the orange fabric mine has!

I think I like it so much because it is such a traditional shape, but the fabric makes it feel fresh. Plus the curvy shape is a nice compliment to my more clean-lined furniture.

Nicole

3. lottie commented
    January 4th, 2007 at 8:28pm

Hi Holly, the next time you’re in London, check out Orla’s shop in Covent Garden. She has some great mid-century furniture upholstered in her fabrics and coloured leather. So covetable!

4. Philie commented
    January 4th, 2007 at 9:05pm

Hello, I was wondering, what did you do to get a blog like this, I mean commercials, and your picture on the top, with the tittle on it?

Great blog btw, very cool and complete!!!! ;-) Long time that I see a blog like this ! (with design*sponge)

ps: sorry for my awefull english!

5. kayte commented
    January 4th, 2007 at 10:24pm

i like the mix of the more modern graphic print with the older, more curvy style of chair. i really loved the last print they had on this same chair (the orange-y floral print) but i think i like this one even more!
    i wish i could afford anthro furniture! i couldn’t even with the discount (i freelance there).

6. decor8 commented
    January 5th, 2007 at 3:33am

kayte – you mention that you freelance there (drool) what do you do?

7. kayte commented
    January 5th, 2007 at 3:48am

holly- i used to be a visual manager in new york and now i just do visuals for them freelance. it’s pretty fun!!
    ps- i love your blog! i just started reading it but i think i will become a regular.

8. decor8 commented
    January 5th, 2007 at 4:11am

most impressive. you must have a great design eye. i’m happy you’ve discovered decor8 – feel free to click around in the archives, there’s a lot you’ve missed if you’ve just found the site. have fun — and let me know if you have any questions.

holly

9. Another Shade of Grey commented
    January 5th, 2007 at 6:20pm

I’ve been eyeing this chair for days now and I’ve decided that while I love the astrid chair, I don’t care for this pattern on it. The side view, which you have up is more flattering to the pattern, but when you view the head on pic it just doesn’t do it for me. I get the feeling you might have felt the same way since you asked the question. :)