Arts + Crafts

Creative Sharing

January 17, 2007

I mentioned yesterday that I’d share my quilt with you… I think sharing bits of our work motivates us to actually do more of it. You can spend so many hours online finding inspiration, but what are you doing with that after you log off? Thinking more about this myself, I recently got back into quilting, inspired by my BFF and quilting extraordinaire, Andrea. I finally finished the edges…

Creative SharingI can’t wait to add the cotton batting and apply the back. The fabric on the back is the medium blue print you see with the small floral pattern on it. If you look at the third photo, count 3 in and you’ll see it.
Creative SharingHere’s a view on the bed… It’s not usually there, but it’s easier to show you the overall pattern this way. The quilt is twin size, so it will be used as a throw in my bedroom upon completion.

Creative SharingI snapped a photo of it in the sunlight so you can see how it’s sewn – just a series of squares really. Not rocket science, but definiately requires patience. If you lack patience, there’s no better training than to take up a craft where tons of it is needed. Your passion for the craft will drive you to finish the project.

Creative SharingIf you’re working on something for the home that makes you smile, and want to share it with decor8 readers, drop me an email with a link to your photos. Thanks!

(images by holly becker for decor8. please click on them to enlarge.)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Beata January 17, 2007 at 6:27 pm

So pretty…I love the way you combined all those absolutely stunning fabrics together! Your last photo is very inspiring — patchwork curtains with light filtering through them…hmmm, that could be beautiful!

• Reply decor8 January 17, 2007 at 6:40 pm

Thanks Beata… I loved how it looked in the window too, i want to do an all white one next using various materials (suede, cotton, wool, knit, etc.) I think it would be really tactile and lovely. I would like to use various shades of white, from cream to stark.

• Reply Anonymous January 17, 2007 at 6:46 pm

Pretty Holly!!
    Love the fabrics you chose.

• Reply boltandfrolic January 17, 2007 at 7:00 pm

Thanks for sharing your quilt with everyone! Wow- how pretty. That’s alot of work too. I’m inspired!

• Reply Anonymous January 17, 2007 at 9:02 pm

Call me impressed – Holly you are a woman of many talents, but quilter too? You know so much about everything, lady!

• Reply Jess January 17, 2007 at 11:55 pm

It’s lovely, Holly! And I think your white fabrics idea will be really beautiful. Do it! And hurry! I’m dying to see!
    (Ha, ha. Because quilting goes so fast, I hear.) But really, I can’t wait.

• Reply decor8 January 18, 2007 at 1:47 am

Thanks for the support everyone, it means a lot to me.

• Reply Abby January 18, 2007 at 4:57 am

Your quilt is very beautiful.

• Reply IMEDAGOZE January 18, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Wow, Holly! that’s amazing, I don’t think I could survive quilting. It takes a great effort and patience to finish one, and you did it!

• Reply KS January 18, 2007 at 4:50 pm

You’ve got mad quilting skillz, check you out!!!!!So very Martha of you, Miss Holly. I can’t wait to come over and see it. Tell Tee hello. I’m still in Jersey, but I’ll call you when I’m home. (KS)

• Reply Marilyn January 19, 2007 at 12:50 am

I’ve no ability with quilting…no patience… I love your choice of fabrics and overall design…