Etsy Faves, Shopping + Products, Travel

Etsy HQ Grand Opening in Brooklyn!

January 17, 2007

Cool news discovered by Brooklyn fashionista, Elaine Perlov. Looks like Etsy plans to rule the roost down in Brooklyn, represeting the indie craft scene with so much in the works… Check out their impressive offerings below.

Etsy HQ Grand Opening in Brooklyn!Etsy HQ is not only meant to serve as Etsy office space in Brooklyn, but will be the creative communal space in Brooklyn, a future home to trunk shows, workshops, seminars, parties, and a lending library. Etsy says they’re working on the Etsy Labs, which will house a silkscreen press, letterpress, jewelry making stations, sewing machines, sergers, and film, music, and video production facilities. Kicking off with a small opening party on February 1st, they’ll then open the doors to all of the creative minds out there. This sounds like such an amazing project, I love the whole hands-on factor here, and the opportunity to meet and greet so many other talented artists and designers sounds thrilling. I’ve been a fan of Etsy from the start, so I’m thrilled for them. Click here for more information. Best of success to Rob and everyone else involved in this Etsy project!

If you have any questions, you can write to Anda at anda{at}etsy{dot}com.

You Might Also Like

• Reply Jason January 17, 2007 at 8:31 pm

This is SO great! What an opportunity for local makers and crafters to get together to create a community of creative folks. Way to go Etsy!

• Reply decor8 January 18, 2007 at 1:45 am

Oh I know, I’m so glad someone thought about doing this – they are so clever. They’ve built such a great name for themselves and won the trust of so many crafters.

Hey did you hear they even want to set up additional locations in other cities in the future for crafters to congregate? Super!

• Reply misshoax January 18, 2007 at 3:38 am

such great news! the etsy evolution has been so much fun to watch…

shame that i’m nowhere near brooklyn…

• Reply decor8 January 18, 2007 at 1:02 pm

Hey Mod Mom,

I just checked it out by downloading IE V.7 and it looks fine. What version are you running? I know in older versions of IE, things go array with lots of blogs. I use Firefox, so thank you for telling me or else I wouldn’t have ever tested things out.

:) Holly

• Reply cruststation January 18, 2007 at 1:36 pm

Fantastic, I love Etsy…I wish I could be there for the opening.

• Reply Anonymous January 18, 2007 at 7:59 pm

etsy is THE #1 supporter of indie artists, hands down. i love my little store there.