Inspiration

Saturday Inspiration

January 20, 2007

Here are some images that made me smile and just feel good today. I’m sure you’ll start to notice a theme as you look at them. I hope these inspire you to freshen up your home in some small way this weekend, even if it’s just a quick rearrange of your pillows or art, or perhaps cleaning out a closet or scaring away those dust bunnies beneath the bed. If things are too hectic, at least grab a bouquet of flowers and divide it up, adding a few flowers in small vases to dot around your home (on the bedside table, near the sink in your bathroom, next to your kitchen sink, on your entry way table, etc.). Remember, if you neglect your home, you are neglecting yourself – so take pride in your space and you’ll feel more invigorated and ready to take on a new week. Feel free to click on any of these images below to enlarge your view. Oh, and make it a nice weekend!

Saturday Inspirationvia: dominomag.com

Saturday Inspirationvia: house + garden

Saturday Inspirationvia: west elm

Saturday Inspirationvia: target

Saturday Inspirationvia: domino

Saturday Inspirationvia: deadly squire

Saturday Inspirationvia: muriel brandolini

Saturday Inspirationvia: kelly wearstler

You Might Also Like

24 Comments

• Reply tk January 20, 2007 at 10:24 am

Hello,

Can anyone help me? Does anybody have a copy of the September 2006 Domino magazine? I am looking for the name of the illustrator who’s prints are on the wall of the Fetherston place (page 151). They are in the left corner next to the giant green curtains. Seems I was shortsighted and only tore out the page with the prints.

Thank you.

• Reply Kendra in Boston January 20, 2007 at 4:07 pm

Finally, the packrat is redeemed!

“George Barbier ‘Pochoir’ prints about $1,500 each, martinlawrence.com for information”

Thanks for the excuse to go back and drool again over that incredible home…

• Reply Erin T January 20, 2007 at 4:09 pm

tk – the artwork on p. 151 are George Barbier’s “Pochoir” prints :)

I love the pops of blue in many of the pictures from this post! I think my living room could use a little shot of blue for Spring, maybe one of those tiny turquoise or periwinkle vases from West Elm.

• Reply sabrina January 20, 2007 at 5:05 pm

can anyone help. i love the target cabinet but can’t find it on the website. i did a pretty extensive search did i miss it? could someone post the direct link.
    Thanks!

• Reply decor8 January 20, 2007 at 5:47 pm

Sadly that Target cabinet is now sold out. It also just sold out on Amazon. Check on eBay over the next month or so, you may find it there. I checked today and didn’t see one.

• Reply decor8 January 20, 2007 at 5:52 pm

Oh and just so you search it correctly, the ‘official’ name of it was: Thomas O’Brien 2-door chest

• Reply tk January 20, 2007 at 11:34 pm

thanks kendra and erin. you guys are awesome!

• Reply kayte January 20, 2007 at 11:42 pm

i love that first image from domino! i have it in one of my inspiration books. i would kill for wallpaper like that.

• Reply My Marrakech January 21, 2007 at 12:41 am

Trying to break myself of my Kelly Wearstler addiction. But I might as well just give into it. Thanks for the pics!

• Reply jenny January 21, 2007 at 3:03 am

I love the little blue lamp on top of the Thomas O’Brien 2-door chest. Is that available at Target? I didn’t have any luck finding it on their site.

• Reply decor8 January 21, 2007 at 3:10 am

I don’t see it at Target either. I’m trying to think of where you’d find a little blue lamp like that? Hmmm. Have you tried their newly expanded Global section in stores? I can’t believe the lamp selection – BEAUTIFUL lamps.

• Reply Anonymous January 21, 2007 at 10:29 am

“you neglect your home, you neglect yourself”. So true Holly!! So true. I’m such a “nester” I’m always rearranging things. I’m addicted to fresh tulips this month, theirs a great flower shop in Kropcke that sells them at a really great price. I get a fresh bunch every week. Gotta love Germany for all their “blumen shops” Thanks for the pics.

• Reply tk January 21, 2007 at 11:42 am

I saw this link about Kelly Wearstler on Curbed LA site over the holidays.

Shocked me, and not in a bad way. How many bunnies are famous for their taste.

• Reply iHanna January 21, 2007 at 11:52 am

Decoration is on my mind. Love this post!

• Reply decor8 January 21, 2007 at 6:31 pm

I loved doing this saturday inspiration post, I think looking at beautiful spaces inspires and going forward on saturdays (at least during the winter), i’ll be posting more inspiration.

holly

• Reply ALL THE BEST January 21, 2007 at 6:50 pm

Great post, thanks for the gentle nudge and inspiration!

• Reply rebekka January 21, 2007 at 8:00 pm

Yeah, the wallpaper…”Malabar”. One of my favorites. By…Cole & Son, right?

• Reply Kerry January 21, 2007 at 11:53 pm

Love the Moz prints in Chlo? Sevigny’s lovely spot.

• Reply jennie January 22, 2007 at 1:13 am

oh malabar how i love you!

• Reply decor8 January 22, 2007 at 5:15 am

Kerry those Moz prints gave me chills. I loved them too. :)

• Reply Nicole Welch January 22, 2007 at 12:22 pm

I remembered seeing a Thomas O’brien credenza for sale on Listpic but when I dug up the ad I discovered it was a different piece. Sorry.

Here is the link anyway:

• Reply Joanne January 22, 2007 at 12:45 pm

Hi Holly, great post. Im unable to find that wallpaper through the Domino site, do you have another link for it or whether it may be stocked in UK?
    Looking for a funky but classic black and white wallpaper to add a bit of boldness to a bedroom – check out my latest post if you can help!
    x

• Reply danielle January 22, 2007 at 3:46 pm

Great post Holly! I couldn’t agree with you more. I like to take of and declutter my home!

• Reply Anonymous January 22, 2007 at 6:03 pm

Is the second image (the one from House and Garden) from their current issue? Can’t find it on the linked website. I’ve been hunting all over for a lowboy. The Feb. Domino inspired me to look for something mirrored but everything else I’ve seen is mirrored with silver edges and my decor is gold. Now here it is!!!! Does anyone know who makes the one in this House and Garden picture? Must. Have. TIA!