Happiness is Miette P?tisserie + Confiserie

Ah. A beautiful space filled with candy. Miette P?tisserie + Confiserie in San Francisco opened this past weekend and I had to post about it. It’s one of those retail spaces that would make any of us weak, tempted, leaving with little candy-filled bags. But above and beyond the sweets, just look at the decor. I love their wallpaper, it’s so pretty, you may want to lick it! The care they put into the overall design makes everything delightful. I love the jars of jelly beans, gives me ideas for kitchen decor at home. Browse their website and fall in love with all of their dreamy edibles and beautiful product shots. I love seeing spaces like this…

Miette is located in Hayes Valley at 449 Octavia Blvd. Thanks Gina for the tip!

(images from miette)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration, shopping, travel on January 29, 2007

1. danielle commented
    January 29th, 2007 at 3:57pm

What a great shop! I will definitely pay it a visit when I’m in San Francisco in April/May.

Gorgeous photos!

2. brittany commented
    January 29th, 2007 at 6:00pm

amazing little place. i stopped in this weekend after brunch and it is such a beautiful shop.

3. Dana commented
    January 29th, 2007 at 6:40pm

Miette already has a location in the Ferry Building. Everything is amazingly delicious, especially the parisian macaroons. I didn’t know they were opening on in Hayes Valley, now I have another excuse (in addition to Arlequin Wine Merchants) to go down there!

4. jennifer commented
    January 29th, 2007 at 7:14pm

I was there yesterday, and can attest to the amazing cuteness that is the Miette Confiserie. I left with $18 worth of candy and everywhere else I went around Hayes Valley people were carrying Miette bags, so I don’t think I was the only one to fall victim to their wiles!

5. decor8 commented
    January 29th, 2007 at 9:45pm

This is great – so many of you have been there… Now I have to get back to San Francisco because I’ve not been since summmer of 2001 and seriously need to check out the latest – I know San Francisco is hoppin’ more than ever. My husband still wants to relocate there but with family on the east coast and in Germany, it’s not really the right place for us from that perspective. But I dream of California livin’… I am so envious of CA residents… :)

6. kayte commented
    January 30th, 2007 at 12:13am

are those candy flowers?!!
    i will definitely be putting this on the list for “must-sees” when i go to san fran.

7. A margarida curiosa commented
    January 30th, 2007 at 1:27am

wonderful place!!!

8. Houses, Couches and Babies commented
    January 30th, 2007 at 6:46am

I love how confortable this candy shop looks! I actually just found out about another candy shop, Dylan’s Candy Bar in New York City, and it is amazing how different candy stores can be. And yet, they both make you want to eat candy until your stomach hurts!

9. Anonymous commented
    January 30th, 2007 at 6:34pm

what a great shop…so yummy…thanks for share. ana