Rock Posters at Newbury Comics (+ Guide)

I know I’ve been talking about rock posters since May, but I love these gorgeously illustrated, limited edition works of art because they are affordable and do so much to add color and interest to a room. I could seriously collect if I had enough wall space, but I think a few in the home is plenty for me right now.

One of my favorite music stores is Boston’s own Newbury Comics, a great source for music, comics, Japanese toys, DVD’s, and now – rock posters, which they carry both in-store and online.In addition to what’s available at Newbury Comics, you can visit some of these talented peeps that create rock posters by the pound. I’m sure you’ll love browsing these links, so enjoy!

Option G (Cole Gerst. I have his Blonde Redhead moth poster shown above. It’s so colorful and bright in person, love it!)
Gig Posters (tons of artists, tons of eye candy.)
Eleanor Grosch
The Little Friends of Printmaking
Patent Pending Industries
Tim Gough
Dan McCarthy
F-2 Design
Guy Burnwell

(images from newbury comics)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, round-up, walls on February 20, 2007

1. Jason commented
    February 20th, 2007 at 5:32pm

Thank you SO MUCH for the list of poster artists and outlets, we’re digging local poster art and are grateful for the one-stop list of online artists. Check out the Wonderland show at the RISD museum: http://risd.edu/museum_exhibitions.cfm?type=museum&onview=museum_onview_92.cfm

2. becky commented
    February 20th, 2007 at 5:50pm

Holly, you’re killing me, I just bought two and there are about 20 more I want, and I barely scratched the surface of your list and I have no wall space left. What a great post!

Becky

3. Michele commented
    February 20th, 2007 at 8:10pm

Awesome post! Thanks, I’m about to buy a few prints…

4. shauna commented
    February 20th, 2007 at 8:43pm

that is SO awesome…the sad part? 2/3 of my top faves are $50, not the best for a recent college grad currently in the process of moving.

also, why is it that my boyfriend’s 1 favorite band (Bon Jovi) doesn’t have any 1 single artistic poster, album cover, or ANYTHING??

5. Anonymous commented
    February 20th, 2007 at 10:21pm
  6. casapinka commented
    February 21st, 2007 at 4:46am

Oh man, I love Newbury Comics. This is going to take some serious restraint but I think one or two are allowed, no?

7. danielle commented
    February 21st, 2007 at 9:33am

Great post! I normally do not like posters but opening just a few links and I want to buy at least ten posters. My eyes were immediately drawn to that Blond Readhead poster. The colours are gorgeous. It is my favorite as well Holly!

8. Anonymous commented
    February 21st, 2007 at 4:49pm

I love blues more than rock, and there is a great website- http://www.mojohand.com – the artist Grego, does original blues art and blues posters. The stuff is fantastic and he ships fast too……

9. decor8 commented
    February 21st, 2007 at 6:42pm

thanks for that blues link, anon!

danielle – the blonde redhead poster is only about 8.5 x 11 and the background is actually a much better green than the image shows… it’s a beutiful pear green. Oh and it’s signed and numbered by the artist which I love. You’d love it!

10. Diana commented
    February 24th, 2007 at 5:42pm

You also have to out the fantastic work of Jay Ryan and Diana Sudyka–their stuff is amazing! You can find Jay’s work (and links to Diana’s and Matt Daly’s sites) at

I collect their posters and I cherish having these beautiful original works of art–the fact that they’re so affordable just makes me feel like I’m getting a gift every time I buy one.

11. marbargarbo commented
    February 25th, 2007 at 6:20pm

One that you didn’t mention that’s good I’ve posted on before, Hammerpress. They’ve done various music posters for bands like the Shins, Gomez, etc.

12. Anonymous commented
    April 13th, 2007 at 5:43pm

Me and a buddy of mine love gig posters – but there’s not a huge scene here for that Des Moines, IA so we’ve tried to get that going. We just started learning the trade, but if one day we reach have the level of some of our favorites – Aesthetic Apparatus out of Minneapolis, Sidekick Design out of Omaha, and Small Stakes – we’d be pretty happy.