Arts + Crafts, Rooms, Round-ups

Rock Posters at Newbury Comics (+ Guide)

February 20, 2007

I know I’ve been talking about rock posters since May, but I love these gorgeously illustrated, limited edition works of art because they are affordable and do so much to add color and interest to a room. I could seriously collect if I had enough wall space, but I think a few in the home is plenty for me right now.

Rock Posters at Newbury Comics (+ Guide)One of my favorite music stores is Boston’s own Newbury Comics, a great source for music, comics, Japanese toys, DVD’s, and now – rock posters, which they carry both in-store and Rock Posters at Newbury Comics (+ Guide)Rock Posters at Newbury Comics (+ Guide)In addition to what’s available at Newbury Comics, you can visit some of these talented peeps that create rock posters by the pound. I’m sure you’ll love browsing these links, so enjoy!

Rock Posters at Newbury Comics (+ Guide)Option G (Cole Gerst. I have his Blonde Redhead moth poster shown above. It’s so colorful and bright in person, love it!)
Gig Posters (tons of artists, tons of eye candy.)
Eleanor Grosch
The Little Friends of Printmaking
Patent Pending Industries
Tim Gough
Dan McCarthy
F-2 Design
Guy Burnwell

(images from newbury comics)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Jason February 20, 2007 at 5:32 pm

Thank you SO MUCH for the list of poster artists and outlets, we’re digging local poster art and are grateful for the one-stop list of online artists. Check out the Wonderland show at the RISD museum:

• Reply becky February 20, 2007 at 5:50 pm

Holly, you’re killing me, I just bought two and there are about 20 more I want, and I barely scratched the surface of your list and I have no wall space left. What a great post!

• Reply Michele February 20, 2007 at 8:10 pm

Awesome post! Thanks, I’m about to buy a few prints…

• Reply shauna February 20, 2007 at 8:43 pm

that is SO awesome…the sad part? 2/3 of my top faves are $50, not the best for a recent college grad currently in the process of moving.

also, why is it that my boyfriend’s 1 favorite band (Bon Jovi) doesn’t have any 1 single artistic poster, album cover, or ANYTHING??

• Reply Anonymous February 20, 2007 at 10:21 pm

nuff said.

• Reply casapinka February 21, 2007 at 4:46 am

Oh man, I love Newbury Comics. This is going to take some serious restraint but I think one or two are allowed, no?

• Reply danielle February 21, 2007 at 9:33 am

Great post! I normally do not like posters but opening just a few links and I want to buy at least ten posters. My eyes were immediately drawn to that Blond Readhead poster. The colours are gorgeous. It is my favorite as well Holly!

• Reply Anonymous February 21, 2007 at 4:49 pm

I love blues more than rock, and there is a great website- – the artist Grego, does original blues art and blues posters. The stuff is fantastic and he ships fast too……

• Reply decor8 February 21, 2007 at 6:42 pm

thanks for that blues link, anon!

danielle – the blonde redhead poster is only about 8.5 x 11 and the background is actually a much better green than the image shows… it’s a beutiful pear green. Oh and it’s signed and numbered by the artist which I love. You’d love it!

• Reply Diana February 24, 2007 at 5:42 pm

You also have to out the fantastic work of Jay Ryan and Diana Sudyka–their stuff is amazing! You can find Jay’s work (and links to Diana’s and Matt Daly’s sites) at

I collect their posters and I cherish having these beautiful original works of art–the fact that they’re so affordable just makes me feel like I’m getting a gift every time I buy one.

• Reply marbargarbo February 25, 2007 at 6:20 pm

One that you didn’t mention that’s good I’ve posted on before, Hammerpress. They’ve done various music posters for bands like the Shins, Gomez, etc.

• Reply Anonymous April 13, 2007 at 5:43 pm

Me and a buddy of mine love gig posters – but there’s not a huge scene here for that Des Moines, IA so we’ve tried to get that going. We just started learning the trade, but if one day we reach have the level of some of our favorites – Aesthetic Apparatus out of Minneapolis, Sidekick Design out of Omaha, and Small Stakes – we’d be pretty happy.