Spiegel: Home

Some may consider Spiegel a bit old school (or oldskool, depending on your age), but I find some unique home decor items on their website from time to time. Have an open mind, sometimes the places where you least expect to find something great is where you really do.

For instance, Spiegel has a fantastic selection of lamps with graphical shades that speak very much to the patterned shade/solid base trend we’ve been seeing. Since shades are so easy to swap out, it’s actually a great idea to purchase a lamp base you love and simply swap out the shade from time to time, alternating between patterns and solids, to give your space an all new look. Spiegel also has some nice floral salad plates and these fabulous mirrored stars for adding the perfect touch of sparkle.

(images from spiegel)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, ceramics, kitchen, lighting, walls on February 27, 2007

1. Jamie Meares commented
    February 27th, 2007 at 5:23pm

so funny! i just discovered their lamps yesterday during my search. I love the clear crackled lamp with the white shade with circles on it.
    maybe you can help me:

i am having a bonafide lamp emergency

2. decor8 commented
    February 27th, 2007 at 5:27pm

Your bedroom is great – I love love love the cover on your bed. May I ask, where did you find it? As for lamps, hmmm. There are so many great ones. Did you catch my past trend post called “Beachy Keen”? I have lots of lamp links there. Also, try horchow.com (one of my personal favorites) or even the global world shopping section over at Target. They marked everything down 50% and have some good lighting that may suit your needs.

Holly

3. jordan commented
    February 27th, 2007 at 6:08pm

I got my zebra nailhead ottoman from Spiegel. But in the last year they downsized their furniture line. Makes me sad.

4. Jennifer Mitchell commented
    February 28th, 2007 at 1:17am

So true about this. JC Penney has some things that aren’t bad either. The big question is, why can’t they get it right all the time?

5. Nicole Welch commented
    February 28th, 2007 at 12:17pm

That red lamp’s shade exactly matches the bedcover at Urban Outfitters which I have been lusting over. Great heads up!!

Here is my question, if I used that branch/blossom lampshade and bedcover in my bedroom, what
    color(s) should I use as accents. White is not an option (I have a black, shedding, dog)

6. ho11z commented
    February 28th, 2007 at 1:25pm

I love Spiegel! I rediscovered them about a year ago and now I’m on the mailing list so I’m always getting their catalogs. They have some really cool stylists because the photos always look good.

7. IMEDAGOZE commented
    March 1st, 2007 at 5:16am

those are in spiegel? wow, they are so much different than what I remembered. I adore their plates!

8. hiphostess commented
    March 3rd, 2007 at 12:53am

wow! I’m totally surprised at this – going over to visit spiegel right now! thanks :)

9. Barbara commented
    November 20th, 2008 at 6:49pm

Unfortunately Spiegel has a horrible return policy and goes so far as to lie in emails and call to the customer service department. They have had my return for 16 days and today told me that they have the right to wait for 4 to 6 weeks to credit me back. That is totally unacceptable in today’s internet market. Beware.