We Heart Egg Cozies

How adorable are these things? I swear you don’t need them, but everytime I come across cozies, I try to convince myself that I really do. UK company The Black Rabbit, handcrafts some of the cutest ones ever. Look at that spider. Those chicks. That silly rabbit with the ditzy look on its face. They’re knitted in lambswool with cotton lining and come in several different designs, all of which I love.

Peek Keep, here in the U.S., has some gorgeous felted bunnies and hen egg cozies, too. Such cuteness.

Papa Stour of Scotland has a few irresistible cozies. So does Rose + Radish via Hut Up (German felt design studio). Imagine how these would look on your breakfast table…

Of course, egg cozies are not simply a fun way to present food to your guests, but they keep the eggs warm for serving. Are you sold yet? Desire a little cozy for yourself?

(images from the black rabbit, peek keep, papa stour, and rose + radish)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on March 02, 2007

1. Beautymist commented
    March 2nd, 2007 at 10:28pm

these are insanely cute!

2. Anonymous commented
    March 3rd, 2007 at 4:34am

perfection!

3. Alex commented
    March 3rd, 2007 at 5:15pm

I was just in Copenhagen and saw these amazing felt egg warmers in the shape of tall rabbits and could not resist bringing them home. I’m not sure if I’d actually use them but the idea was too hard to pass up!

4. decor8 commented
    March 3rd, 2007 at 5:19pm

Oh Alex, that’s too funny. I saw your beautiful Copenhagen photos over on Flickr, I made that red mailbox image one of my faves. So pretty, you can turn that into a greeting card for sure.

I actually asked my husband Thorsten to look at my blog this morning because I had questions about something I posted (it was the egg cozies but I didn’t tell him that). Immediately when he opened the blog he saw them and said “Oh cute, we had these as a kid, they’re for eggs”. Then I started asking him about them and he said they were common in Germany (where he grew up).

So maybe that is where they got their start, Europe?

5. susanna commented
    March 3rd, 2007 at 9:19pm

Oh, these are great! I love my little egg cozies…still have two from my own childhood.

6. kayte commented
    March 3rd, 2007 at 11:37pm

i love those felt rose and radish ones! i don’t ever use egg cozies but it doesn’t keep me from wanting them!

7. catherine commented
    March 4th, 2007 at 3:50pm

Those egg cozies are the cutest things ever! i have actually seen those little knit ones before and adored them…thanks for sharing!

8. thekeeneye commented