Walnut Wallpaper (+ Paper Ideas For You!)

Norinne DeGal, owner of Walnut Wallpaper out of Los Angeles, stocks papers like no other. Gone are the days of shopping papers that are ‘trade-only’ or amazingly country (in a bad way). If it’s modern cool you’re looking for, you can shop Walnut and find all the big names, from Twenty2 to Cole & Son, Allegra Hicks, Mibo, Neisha Crosland, Osborne & Little, and Mod Green Pod, to name only a few. She also stocks Palace Papers, which are my flavor of the moment, here’s a peek:

Palace Papers

On the website, you can browse papers by color, style, designer, or featured papers, which I love because if my heart screams for something in blue, I can search the aqua or blue collection and find exactly what I’m looking for. Or, if I’m craving a geometric print, I can search under geometrics. It’s so easy!

The same geometric print in two different colors. Lovely!

Walnut is located at 7220 Beverly Blvd, Suite 201, in LA or you can check out their website and email them if you’re interested in placing an order. Their email addy is contact {at} walnutwallpaper {dot} com. We need something like this in Boston – badly. We don’t have a modern wallpaper boutique that isn’t for the trade only…

Wallpaper tips: Purchase a few feet to mount on fore core and frame for the wall, or install it directly on the wall and frame it out with moldings. Cover a desk or table top (like a coffee table – looks gorgeous), create a room divider, closet doors, collage on a single wall using all of your favorite wallpaper scraps cut into neat squares, or paper a tiny room or a single wall in your home. It’s also beautiful inside of a walk-in closet. Use it on the ceiling (see image below). Remove the shelves and paper the interior of a bookcase, put the shelves back in place, and voila! A completely new look. You can use it as contact paper for kitchen cabinets. Wallpaper possibilities are endless…

Add wallpaper to the ceiling for high impact.

Or on a closet door (via the lovely Posie)

Cut squares of your favorite patterns and paste on the wall (via Lena’s inspiring blog)

Paper only one wall to make a statement.

(images from walnut wallpaper, posie, lena, and palace papers)

Posted by decor8 in tips, walls on March 04, 2007

1. susanna commented
    March 4th, 2007 at 7:14pm

Oh wow! My opinion regarding wallpaper has certainly changed over the last couple of years. There are so many creative, NEW designs out there now. And I like that bicycle skirt!

2. Claire commented
    March 4th, 2007 at 8:35pm

Great post. And I adore that bicycle skirt too. Off to search for where its from….

3. kstyle commented
    March 5th, 2007 at 6:08am

love love the birds, k

4. Marieke commented
    March 5th, 2007 at 3:53pm

That is great. A lot of inspiration as usual x

5. irene commented
    March 5th, 2007 at 4:42pm

Very nice, love the ideas!

6. holly commented
    March 5th, 2007 at 6:15pm

so funny you posted about this today. i’m searching for a paper to do the sides of a tall skinny dresser. i really want something like this pattern, but am having a hard time.

7. Design Hole commented
    March 7th, 2007 at 1:12am

I agree about wallpaper. It was really “in” then it was all about faux finishes and now paper is back “in”. For me, it’s only about how you use things. Even the most conservative paper can be brought back to life when used in a different way. The ceiling is a good place, lining furniture, cabinets, etc. I like wallpaper. It’s nice to see it around a little more.

8. belynda sharples commented
    April 18th, 2007 at 7:37am

I would like to introduce you to my own designs which we print ourselves in Norfolk, England. My designs are all hand drawn and then transfered to rubber engraved rollers for printing. Please take a look. http://www.theartofwallpaper.com

For those people not having come across Selvedge, a UK textile design magazine I would warmly recommend taking a look. It is superbly edited and illustrated and hugely appealing and informative.

9. Anonymous commented
    October 21st, 2007 at 10:44pm

I love your blog. I am making up the den/guest bedroom in our small town house right now so that I have a room to escape to. I have painted it green, a bit lime but not too bright and need to break up the color. I want to bring in wall paper and a chair rail. How do I best do this by my self?

Trackbacks and Pingbacks