Home

Villa Nova (and random thoughts on color)

March 6, 2007

Print + Pattern blogged about Villa Nova out of the UK and since I found some of their images to be a source of inspiration (along with a mega dose of color, refreshing), I thought I’d post a bit of beauty for you to enjoy. I found these rooms to be so typical English, do you? I love the bold, patterned drapes – those take courage, don’t they?!? And check out the pink spaces. Imagine having the guts to go all out like that and create a pink living room? I am in awe when I see interiors that have such a strong color palette. Sometimes I think I’m going over the edge incorporating teal or pear into my own space, but then I look at how the English, German, and Dutch use color and I sit back and think of how I may be a bit more fearful of color than I care to admit to. Maybe I’m a color wuss.

What about you? Are you a risk taker or do you play it safe?

Villa Nova (and random thoughts on color)Villa Nova (and random thoughts on color)Villa Nova (and random thoughts on color)Villa Nova (and random thoughts on color)Villa Nova (and random thoughts on color)

(images from villa nova)

11 Comments

• Reply Jennifer March 7, 2007 at 12:02 am

I really like this pink couch–maybe something like this will be my next big purchase.
    I’d have to get rid of my red couch though! I don’t think they’d go well together.

• Reply kayte March 7, 2007 at 2:50 am

i am so into that pink room!
    i have a pink and brown bedroom! i have no idea how i convinced my husband that pink walls would be a good idea!

• Reply Rose Red March 7, 2007 at 4:18 am

I’m not afraid of color, I’m afraid to make a decorating decision period! The other day I bought some black and white bold-patterned curtains and I’m still recovering.
    LOVE that first picture, with the sea-green wallpaper. So pretty.

• Reply Mel March 7, 2007 at 7:35 am

I can paint a wall all which ways of color but true boldness? That’s a pink couch, baby.

• Reply lusummers March 7, 2007 at 2:03 pm

i think that it’s because it’s usually so miserable weather-wise here in the uk that a big injection of colour is what is needed to stop us all from jumping off high places! ;)

• Reply decor8 March 7, 2007 at 4:14 pm

Ha, yeah I can imagine – enough dreary days and anyone is ready to jump. The pink sofa is a HEALTHY investment!

• Reply drey March 7, 2007 at 4:31 pm

veryvery inspirational!! love the top blue wallpaper at the top!

• Reply scrappy girl March 7, 2007 at 8:11 pm

I’m a little like a coward with a reckless side. I went and painted my walls a bright green and my hallway a bright blue, then I retreated into wood. I know the bright colors make me happy, but sometimes I come home and just feel like there’s some element missing to tie them all together. Well, there probably is. Plus I have all this art and I’m not sure it looks good with the colors of my walls. Some of these photos look like the art was chosen to match the color scheme.

• Reply decor8 March 7, 2007 at 8:31 pm

scrappygirl – i know it’s hard, especially if you put the cart before the horse sometime. i have clients that do this, they go out and buy a sofa and some chairs because it was all on sale, and then they come home and cry on the floor because nothing works with what they already own. it’s a common problem, so many people struggle. if you have art that you really love and want to use, the first step would have been to consider where you’d like it to be installed throughout the space and then, after making that decision, you could have built each room color scheme around the art. most people aren’t so lucky as you to own art, so for them, it’s the other way around – they work from fabric they love, or their favorite chair or some other focal point.

• Reply KateO March 8, 2007 at 3:41 am

I love this site, very inspiring. Thanks for posting.

• Reply Anonymous March 9, 2007 at 4:50 pm

WOW!!!

Those guys at villa nova are HOT!!
    Sensational!!!!!
    I LUUUURVE those papers and prints!
    And those COLORS!