Fashion + Accessories, Inspiration

J Crew Eye Candy

March 9, 2007

So I was talking to my friend Becky the other day about shoes, because I’m on the hunt for yellow, blue, or red flat peep toes (I loved the BCBG Girls flats in Blueprint this month, but they’re impossible to find via BCBG, you have to hunt around Neiman’s or Macy’s). During this chat, she said why she loved shoes so much. They don’t give her muffin top.

J Crew Eye CandyThat made me laugh and then I felt a sting of reality because you know, she’s right. I don’t have the perfect body, but my feet are always the perfect size 8.5 or 9 and they look great in everything. From the ankle down, I’m walking perfection.

Becky sent me over to J Crew, where I fell into peep toe heaven, and then I came across their Spring ad campaign. I love me some product shots, I’m always trying to see how I can turn outfits into rooms (thanks to Domino).

I’m seeing a lot of yellow, blue, and red this Spring.

J Crew Eye CandyThe new Urban Outfitters catalog, the covers of magazines, Anthropologie, Kate Spade, Orla Kiely, and now J Crew. Red, yellow, blue. Love it!

If you need decorating inspiration, look no further than clothing catalogs and stores. Serious. Look at how colors and patterns are mixed together and try to think of ways you could do the same in your wardrobe and beyond – rooms. Inspiration can come from anywhere.

Psst: Want to see the best trench coat in the world?

(images from j crew)

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

• Reply J Lee March 9, 2007 at 3:28 pm

Hahaha… your muffin top comment totally put a smile on my face. That’s why girls love shoes =)

I totally agree though. I use more creative juices when I’m doing photo shoots than when I’m transforming a residential space.

• Reply decor8 March 9, 2007 at 3:54 pm

Oh good. Yeah, Becky is a comedian, I love her outlook on life – she can send me a single email and I’m smiling all day.

• Reply a-m March 9, 2007 at 3:55 pm

i have been really surprised by j.crew’s offerings in the past year or so. they’ve really stepped up their game and become much more stylish (but in a classic way). it’s one of the few chain stores that i still shop at!

• Reply decor8 March 9, 2007 at 4:01 pm

You know a-m, you’re right. I honestly never thought to shop there before, I did in the 90’s but that seems like light years ago. When Becky suggested them, I thought “hmmmm” but was shocked in a happy way. Nice stuff.

Did you see that trench coat linked to above? The bottom of it? WHOA. When I saw it I immediately had to place an order. Does it not say Alison from Project Runway?

• Reply Carlene March 9, 2007 at 4:01 pm

That trench coat is gonna make me cry. Could you please loan me $298 + shipping?

p.s. I have actually seen women sporting the shoe muffin top, and I know you have, too.

• Reply decor8 March 9, 2007 at 4:05 pm

shoe muffin top? oh now that’s just wrong!!! carlene!!!

• Reply becky March 9, 2007 at 11:17 pm

That’s like Chris Rock describing a the most confident woman out on a Friday night – her fat foot stuffed in her pump, looks like she’s baking bread in the pump…

• Reply decor8 March 10, 2007 at 12:25 am

Oh yes Becky, I can totally see him doing that. I can hear him now…

• Reply kayte March 10, 2007 at 1:08 am

i love the whole slitghtly preppy, slightly nautical, ever so retro look that’s seemingly always in for spring! except for that one year when prairie skirts came back. yuck.

• Reply Anonymous March 10, 2007 at 3:42 am

check out frye boots, the
    emma woven peep toe.
    i purchased the tomato red patent leather pair, too darling for words. they smell fabulous and are quite comfy.

• Reply susanna March 11, 2007 at 4:19 pm

I spent yesterday walking through Macy’s (and other stores) with a friend of mine. I really needed to see COLOUR. Anyway, there are so many fabulous Spring shoes at Macy’s right now. I fell in love with a pair of bright red, shiny girlie shoes. Sigh… :)