Coastal Living’s Design Assistant

Have you checked out the Design Assistant section on Coastal Living’s website? All I can say is don’t miss it because it’s loaded with interior eye candy from Coastal Living, Real Simple, Cottage Living, Sunset, Southern Accents, Southern Living, and more of your favorite magazines.

Design Assistant offers tons of tips for styling your home and you can even save the images you like by collecting them in your very own notebook, a feature I absolutely prize. The pictures are huge, you can click on any of them to enlarge, which makes the site that much more interesting to me because I go nuts when I’m browsing a magazine website and all the images are 200 x 200 or something like that. I guess I’m a big picture person in more ways than one!

Here are few rooms that made me happy and extremely homesick for Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where I grew up. By this time back home, I’d be watching the beachfront transform from a winter ghost town, to a vibrant summery wonderland. How did I end up in New Hampshire under all this snow, anyway?

(images from coastal living)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on March 22, 2007

1. becky commented
    March 22nd, 2007 at 8:55pm

dammit holly, i had half a post written about this – you are always ahead of me :) !!!

becky

2. casapinka commented
    March 23rd, 2007 at 12:11am

Great link. Am badly in need of inspiration, in the middle of a slump.

3. susan commented
    March 23rd, 2007 at 8:10am

This is pure unadulturated eye candy! Sometimes, I swear it seems all too beautiful to absorb. Lovely.

4. Jane commented
    March 23rd, 2007 at 3:33pm

A big “Hey!” to you from Spartanburg, Holly! I should have known from your excellent taste that you were a GRIT :)

5. decor8 commented
    March 23rd, 2007 at 3:54pm

Ha! What is a GRIT Jane? I lived in South Carolina only until I was 14, Boston the rest of the time, so I’m not sure if I’m a TRUE Southerner or not. I was born in New England afterall!

6. Jane commented
    March 23rd, 2007 at 4:25pm

GRITS – Girls Raised In the South. Corny, but somtimes stuff like that reads cuter when you’re not actually in the South!

7. Jane commented
    March 23rd, 2007 at 4:34pm

Oh, and I didn’t come up with that acronymn, in case my comment came across that way. There’s lots of merchandise with it out there…

8. Anonymous commented
    May 17th, 2008 at 2:40am

Lovely and lively! I’m sure I will incoporate some of these ideas in my own rooms.