Objects, Shopping + Products, Travel

Boston Interiors Giselle Sofa + Chair

March 29, 2007

I was just having the nicest chat with reader Andy who is relocating to Boston and needs help designing his condo. He let me know about a terrific sofa he’s nuts about called the Giselle from Boston Interiors. The Giselle is such a fabulous price (on sale for $799-), great design, love the tufting detail and exposed legs, and it’s available in many additional fabrics and colors at the same price as stock. Totally worth checking out, Boston locals!

Boston Interiors Giselle Sofa + ChairPsst: There’s also a chair, loveseat, and ottoman to match. The chair is only $499, another steal.

Boston Interiors Giselle Sofa + Chair
Personal notes: I’ve shopped Boston Interiors before, once back in 1994 when I purchased a sofa for my apartment, and then again in ’05 for a client I was working with at the time. Both transactions were painless and I found the staff extremely helpful and delivery a breeze.

(images from boston interiors)

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

• Reply Anonymous March 29, 2007 at 7:55 pm

Wow, that’s an exact copy of Crate & Barrel’s Petrie sofa – wish I’d bought mine at Boston Interiors for 1/2 the price!

• Reply decor8 March 29, 2007 at 8:09 pm

I’m not sure if this sofa frame is kiln-dried hardwood or not, you may want to contact Boston Interiors directly to inquire.

Regular wood can dry and crack over time, but as long as the wood is screwed and not glued, it should hold up for several years. Boston Interiors does offer a limited lifetime warranty on the frame and 5 years on springs, so you should really call them for specifics on this particular model and when you buy the sofa, opt in for the warranty if it covers what you’re worries you the most.

Being that you’re so young, I’ve got a good ten years on you, I’d like to see anyone your age stick with the same sofa for the next 5-10 years anyway. My sofa shelf life is about 5-7 years because I get tired of what I have and want to make a change. Now that I’m in my 30’s, the next sofa I purchase may be a bit better than my last because I would like to keep it longer.

But I tend to buy a new sofa with every new ‘zone’ I enter. In my 20s, 30s, and so on. I think a woman needs a new sofa every 10 years. ;0) And you can donate the former one to charity, so you’re not wasting anything.

If you are looking for a sofa to keep around for many years, pay more to get more doesn’t always apply. I know people who have spent $3,000 on a sofa and had issues with it. I know others who found one at a second hand store and had it reupholstered and love it, or who found the best sofa in the world at a store like JCPenney. You know, it’s hard for me to cast judgement on something based solely on price.

Has this helped?

Check out the Domino April issue, they packed it full of great sofas.

• Reply Anonymous March 29, 2007 at 8:47 pm

What are your thoughts about the construction of this sofa? It’s not kiln-dried hardwood, which I’ve always found to be the goal for sofas, right? …I’m in the market for a sofa, and have been desperately coveting the Petrie, and this looks like a great alternative. Is it worth the extra $$ for the construction? I’m only 24, so who knows what my sofa tastes will be down the road??

• Reply Anonymous March 29, 2007 at 9:53 pm

YES! That helps a lot. I won’t be buying for a couple of months anyway, but I am going to trot on down to Boston Interiors and check it out for myself. I’m new to the Boston area, so it’s great to find another resource beyond the usual suspects.

I just got the newest Domino in the mail the other day and was quite pleased to see so much about sofas. It’s something I’m pretty excited about buying. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

–Erica (Sorry, forgot my name last time)

• Reply Another Shade of Grey March 30, 2007 at 3:07 am

Those are nice, especially the price.

• Reply lsaspacey March 30, 2007 at 5:04 am

decor8, I love what you said to the 24 yr old anonymous.

The construction/$$$ debate really matters more if you’re older and more established. I have a friend who five years ago (in her early 30’s) bought a tiny, black love seat for over $2,000 dollars. I thought she was insane.

Her UBER-fluffy white cat quickly made that thing into a gray dust bunny and in the time since, she quit her job, almost moved to Norway for a boy, opened a successful clothing boutique, married a different boy, and owns a new house. Trust me, that love seat could have been a lot cheaper. She probably loved it, but I don’t think it was $2,000 plus of love. LOL

• Reply Emily September 27, 2008 at 4:30 pm

Hi All,

Just bought the Giselle set on sale and it was a great deal. BI offers lots of fabrics for a great price. Also, FYI, this set is manufactured by Max Home LLC and is also sold at Macy’s for less, but in less fabric choices. For what you pay, its a great deal.

Emily