Trina Turk – Inspiration from Fashion

Trina Turk has attitude. I love browsing her collections for inspiration, each season brings stronger, more beautiful prints and fabrics than the last.

Interior design trends are constantly evolving, strongly influenced by both the fashion industry and the art world, so enjoy color and pattern in whatever form it takes – a dress can inspire the color palette of your living room, a pattern on a scarf can lead you to painting that same pattern on your wall. Let your imagination roam freely. It’s no longer sticking to the straight and narrow that matters, it’s about pulling together a home full of character inspired straight from your book of life.

Spring 2007 – Vibrant pastels are strong this season for interiors, too.

Summer 2007 – Deep blue paired with lighter tones, along with white, and egg yolk yellow as an accent, are popular trends for summer fashion but also for interiors. Bold, graphic patterns make cheerful additions to the home. Watch for large geometric prints in chocolate paired with white, too.

Can’t you just imagine some of these looks as a room?

(images from trina turk)

Posted by decor8 in fashion + accessories, inspiration, trends on April 02, 2007

1. kstyle commented
    April 3rd, 2007 at 5:45am

These are gorgeous. Would be great inspiration for my beads. k

2. becky commented
    April 3rd, 2007 at 2:57pm

Yes, all of them! She is such a master of print, pattern, and color, as well as design. LOVELY! Right now I’m thinking of the brown, cream, and hit of yellow outfit in the bottom right corner in a room – gorgeous!

3. decor8 commented
    April 3rd, 2007 at 7:54pm

It’s so much fun to go shopping now, at least here in the northeast, because Spring fashion is everywhere and I’m thinking of how much I love what’s going on in the fashion world right now, the collections at all of my favorite stores are STRONG, they just keep topping last season, I don’t know HOW they do it.

4. jdibbs commented
    April 3rd, 2007 at 11:28pm

Oh to be 21 again, skinny, and 5’11!

Instead, I am turning the ripe old age of 50 this year, am about 5’4″, and live in sweatshirts and jeans.

5. AbbeyK commented
    April 4th, 2007 at 1:05am

I am writing Trina Turk right now! OK no big prints, just simple, fabulous black slacks.

I love her stuff. Some of the prints are over the top, but when I wear them I always feel pretty.

And the black slacks are the best fit I have found. I think they are the Leesha pants, or something like that.

Her stuff fits like a dream, but sized off. And it’s pricey. Very pricey. On sale, still pricey. I have bought some on ebay.

I love T.T.