Rooms

Domestic – Vinyl Decals for the Floor?

April 6, 2007

And you thought vinyl stickers, aka wall decals, were limited only to walls. Huh. Think again. Domestic, the French decal giant, dishes them out for the floor, too. Shall we dance?

Domestic   Vinyl Decals for the Floor?
Some are a bit too bold for my taste, but the shadows, pebbles, roots, and tango are brilliant. You can shop for yours either directly at Domestic, or hop on over to Made In Design. Both ship worldwide (yay!), so for me, it’s just a matter of seeing who charges less for shipping (wink).

Domestic   Vinyl Decals for the Floor?Domestic   Vinyl Decals for the Floor?Domestic   Vinyl Decals for the Floor?
And of course, I can’t blog about Domestic and not show off some of their great stickers for the wall. A great alternative to paint and wallpaper if you’re limited by your budget or a picky landlord. This one (below) is my favorite, I absolutely adore everything about this room, but that bold graphic takes center stage for me. Delish!

(images from domestic)

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

• Reply Anonymous April 6, 2007 at 4:11 pm

Personally, i never trust anything that does not have real photos.

• Reply J Lee April 6, 2007 at 4:53 pm

vinyl on the walls i like, vinyl on the floors however is another story. something about walking on art rubs me the wrong way.

• Reply MamaChilanga April 6, 2007 at 5:00 pm

Holly:

I’ve been seeing a lot of colorful stools reminiscent of the walnut ones created for the Time-Life building lobby way back when.

Do you know of a source?

Also: Do you have any plans to be in the SF Bay Area any time soon?

• Reply ** Terramia ** April 6, 2007 at 5:10 pm

I love this post! It’s a wonderful inspiration…. why not dare to be different!?

• Reply becky April 6, 2007 at 7:57 pm

As a kid I would have loved to have those on our painted concrete basement rec room floor. I’m not too crazy about them in more formal rooms, but to each her own :)
    becky

• Reply Maryam in Marrakesh April 7, 2007 at 3:37 pm

Holly, do you have any decals yourself?

xoxo
    Maryam

• Reply decor8 April 7, 2007 at 3:39 pm

Maryam HI!!! :) Yes, I’ve installed them in a few clients’ homes – but I used Wallwords decals. I have used decals from other companies too – and recently a vendor sent me some for my home as a gift but they’re not really my style – more for kids – so I’m holding onto them for either a future client kiddie space or to donate to a local kindergarten classroom or something.

• Reply Mark Cutler April 7, 2007 at 4:14 pm

Great Resource! I had no idea that this comany even existed,,,, I am going straight to their site.

• Reply Zita April 9, 2007 at 11:47 am

I love Domestic’s decals- having the option of being bold without having to commit really appeals to me (I can be so fickle when it comes to decorating!) The Tango decal is my current favourite- there’s something so romantic about it.

• Reply Maryam in Marrakesh April 10, 2007 at 8:41 am

I have seen those wallword ones and think they are so cool. I love that you can do custom work with them, too!

• Reply tracy April 10, 2007 at 2:30 pm

what a great idea for a baby’s room! thanks for the post! :)

• Reply Anna Peach April 11, 2007 at 11:46 am

The cascade of vines is wonderful. Thanks for the post.

• Reply Online Kitchenware August 2, 2007 at 10:13 am

I like the footsteps on the floor. Great for the kids room.

• Reply shandesinz July 3, 2008 at 3:57 am

Personally, I love ShaNickers at http://www.shanon1972.etsy.com. I have used them in many projects. They are so different than anything out there! Check ’em out!!

• Reply Anonymous July 24, 2008 at 3:16 am

For the COOLEST wall graphics and decals, go to: