Domestic – Vinyl Decals for the Floor?

And you thought vinyl stickers, aka wall decals, were limited only to walls. Huh. Think again. Domestic, the French decal giant, dishes them out for the floor, too. Shall we dance?

Some are a bit too bold for my taste, but the shadows, pebbles, roots, and tango are brilliant. You can shop for yours either directly at Domestic, or hop on over to Made In Design. Both ship worldwide (yay!), so for me, it’s just a matter of seeing who charges less for shipping (wink).

And of course, I can’t blog about Domestic and not show off some of their great stickers for the wall. A great alternative to paint and wallpaper if you’re limited by your budget or a picky landlord. This one (below) is my favorite, I absolutely adore everything about this room, but that bold graphic takes center stage for me. Delish!

(images from domestic)

Posted by decor8 in walls on April 06, 2007

1. Anonymous commented
    April 6th, 2007 at 4:11pm

Personally, i never trust anything that does not have real photos.

2. J Lee commented
    April 6th, 2007 at 4:53pm

vinyl on the walls i like, vinyl on the floors however is another story. something about walking on art rubs me the wrong way.

3. MamaChilanga commented
    April 6th, 2007 at 5:00pm

Holly:

I’ve been seeing a lot of colorful stools reminiscent of the walnut ones created for the Time-Life building lobby way back when.

Do you know of a source?

Also: Do you have any plans to be in the SF Bay Area any time soon?

4. ** Terramia ** commented
    April 6th, 2007 at 5:10pm

I love this post! It’s a wonderful inspiration…. why not dare to be different!?

5. becky commented
    April 6th, 2007 at 7:57pm

As a kid I would have loved to have those on our painted concrete basement rec room floor. I’m not too crazy about them in more formal rooms, but to each her own :)
    becky

6. Maryam in Marrakesh commented
    April 7th, 2007 at 3:37pm

Holly, do you have any decals yourself?

xoxo
    Maryam

7. decor8 commented
    April 7th, 2007 at 3:39pm

Maryam HI!!! :) Yes, I’ve installed them in a few clients’ homes – but I used Wallwords decals. I have used decals from other companies too – and recently a vendor sent me some for my home as a gift but they’re not really my style – more for kids – so I’m holding onto them for either a future client kiddie space or to donate to a local kindergarten classroom or something.

8. Mark Cutler commented
    April 7th, 2007 at 4:14pm

Great Resource! I had no idea that this comany even existed,,,, I am going straight to their site.

9. Zita commented
    April 9th, 2007 at 11:47am

I love Domestic’s decals- having the option of being bold without having to commit really appeals to me (I can be so fickle when it comes to decorating!) The Tango decal is my current favourite- there’s something so romantic about it.

10. Maryam in Marrakesh commented
    April 10th, 2007 at 8:41am

I have seen those wallword ones and think they are so cool. I love that you can do custom work with them, too!

11. tracy commented
    April 10th, 2007 at 2:30pm

what a great idea for a baby’s room! thanks for the post! :)

12. Anna Peach commented
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:46am

The cascade of vines is wonderful. Thanks for the post.

13. Online Kitchenware commented
    August 2nd, 2007 at 10:13am

I like the footsteps on the floor. Great for the kids room.

14. shandesinz commented
    July 3rd, 2008 at 3:57am

Personally, I love ShaNickers at http://www.shanon1972.etsy.com. I have used them in many projects. They are so different than anything out there! Check ‘em out!!

15. Anonymous commented
    July 24th, 2008 at 3:16am

For the COOLEST wall graphics and decals, go to: