Objects, Rooms

Emma Jeff Window Decals from Surface Material Design

April 16, 2007

Emma Jeffs recently wrote to me to share her latest window decals with decor8 readers. I think they’re quite pretty, as well as a clever, modern solution for allowing in the light while still maintaining a level of privacy (from the outside, a passerby can only see a diffused shape if an internal light is on). Application is fairly painless, it’s easy to clean, and I love all the geometric patterns that she creates, like the clover, delphi, otto, and orba (shown).

Emma Jeff Window Decals from Surface Material Design
If you’d like to order from Emma, simply visit her website, she’ll be happy to help you out. In the US, you can order many of these online via 2Jane.

Emma Jeff Window Decals from Surface Material Design

Thanks, Emma!

(images from emma jeffs)

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

• Reply AbbeyK April 16, 2007 at 5:43 pm

What a great affordable solution.
    If you cannot afford window treatments, it gives some soft illusion of fabric. I have known people to use rice paper, but it doesn’t hold up well.

Do you know if you can use these in shower windows? Will they hold up to water?

AbbeyK

• Reply munckee April 16, 2007 at 6:42 pm

There’s some intriguing designs there…but why would you want to cover your windows? Maybe its just coming from a guy in NYC where windows are at a premium, but I want as much light getting in as possible.

• Reply decor8 April 16, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Abbey – Looks like they can be used on glass surfaces, but I’m thinking they aren’t going to hold up where there is extreme humidity or water. I can foresee the corners peeling down. But I’m not 100% on that.

Munckee – I think these are for people who have one of those windows in their homes that overlooks something pretty ugly – an alley, a dumpster, or their home faces west and they live in an overcast place – so they are exposed to tons of glare. This is frequently the case in England, where these window adhesives are popular – lots of overcast days and glaring light.

• Reply Lisa Marie April 16, 2007 at 11:44 pm

these would be perfect in my kitchen, thanks so much for posting it. our door is of the metal variety with glass in it, and i was trying to figure out how to hang a curtain without any way of putting in a curtain rod. since my neighbors frequently have to walk past this door we need more privacy. perfect!

• Reply zee homebug April 17, 2007 at 2:36 pm

I love Emma Jeffs window films and have been considering using them to cheer up an internal glazed door in my home, but then I realised that for an affordable solution they’re still pretty expensive! Munckee- the idea is that these can be used on windows (or parts of windows) where you need privacy or have an unattractive view, but don’t want to sacrifice light. You’d be amazed how many otherwise sane people in Ireland and the UK use net curtains for such windows!

• Reply Little House April 17, 2007 at 3:59 pm

I have some of Emma’s window film installed in my apartment (I wanted a little privacy on the ground floor), and I love it. However, that said, it is not an affordable solution. One roll only covered the lower half of two windows in my apartment. Here’s a link to a picture of my windows:

• Reply Mackenzie November 3, 2008 at 12:08 pm

Do you think this will work on plexi glass (sp?)??