Angela Adams Rugs + Prints

Angela Adams is going strong for Spring ’07, with a full blown e-commerce website, a special collection of couture rugs (that most of us can only dream of owning), and two limited edition prints for your walls, there’s nothing this lady isn’t exploring. Up first, are the rugs we can afford (via Design Public), then, a few limited edition prints that she signed and numbered (via her website for $25 each), and finally, some amazing couture rugs (prices start at $93-225 per square foot), available right here.

(images from design public and angela adams)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, flooring, walls on April 17, 2007

1. jamie commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 1:16pm

such funky rugs Holly! xo

2. Florrie commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 2:48pm

I like the looks of her rugs but will never buy one. Here is why.
    A few months ago I was very interested in purchasing a large Angela Adams area rug. I had several questions and sent an e-mail with my detailed questions to customerservice [at] angelaadams [dot] com, the contact e-mail address provided on the website. After a couple of business days when I did not receive a response to my questions, I tried again from that same e-mail and from my work account. To this day I have not heard back from customer service.
    I suppose I could have called but at that point I’d already lost faith in the company. I ended up finding a rug I was just as happy with through a different company.

3. decor8 commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 3:06pm

Sorry for your experience with their customer service. Thanks for sharing. Perhaps it was an isolated incident — I know Angela’s company is quite respected and growing all the time, and I’d think some of that has to do with having good customer service. Could it be that your email just didn’t go through? I’ve had people tell me they’ve left comments on this blog that I’ve never seen, or that they’ve emailed me and I know it did not reach me.

Although email is my primary method of communication, if I don’t hear from someone, I will call them and tell them I didn’t hear from them and ask them why (if it’s a company) because I want them to know about the experience so they can improve. If I were you, I’d voice yourself and call them directly — Really. Give people a chance to explain and/or change their behavior.

Just a tip. :)
    Holly

4. Florrie commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 3:24pm

I can assure you I’m not trying to be inflammatory – just to relate my own personal experience with the company. I double-checked that the address was correct and the e-mail did not bounce back to me (such as through mailer-daemon failure notice). I’m an extremely busy business woman and try to handle much of my personal shopping and research for decorating my own home via the internet and e-mail.
    I’m not trying to stop anybody else from shopping there, I was just very disappointed that I didn’t have the customer service experience I had anticipated or hoped for. They lost a $1500 sale, which I suppose isn’t a big deal for a company, but I do tell my female friends and colleagues – many who share my taste in decorating – about my negative experience.

5. decor8 commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 4:50pm

Florrie – You may want to leave your name and address with me, you can email me offline, and I can forward your complaint and this thread to Angela – She is a very nice lady and I’m certain she would want to make things right for you.

6. Anonymous commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 7:52pm

I love Angela Adams rugs. She has amazing quality for the price on her line of regular wool rugs. Plus, they’re almost a piece of art for the floor.

7. marc commented
    April 18th, 2007 at 12:48am

I sell Angela Adams rugs in my store and I love them. I find that people don’t use the Angela Adams site to see who is selling their items in their area. Also, florrie, you could probably call any rug retailer and they would be happy to answer your questions. Even if you don’t buy from them — I know I would. I talk to people all the time who find me on a retailers site. Even if they buy the item locally (since I don’t ship).