Arts + Crafts, DIY, Rooms

Show me your art wall!

April 17, 2007

An earlier post today on displaying art made me think of something. It’s nice seeing art in the styled homes of our favorite magazines because that’s where we go to pick up tips, but how do *you* display your art, and are you willing to share your wall/s with other decor8 readers? If so, please email your art wall to me at decor8blog {at} yahoo {dot} com with a link to your blog/website, along with your name and I just may post it right here sometime this week. So go ahead… It’s time to show and tell. :)

Show me your art wall!Here’s a snapshot of Erin’s art wall, isn’t it cool? For a guide to all the art in this photo, click here. Thanks Erin for the tip! I spotted an Ashley Goldberg there already… I love that girl!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Nat April 17, 2007 at 7:48 am

What a gorgeous wall – love this!!! I have a scrapbook layout wall :-)

• Reply Carlene April 17, 2007 at 11:23 am

What a great idea! I have fear of nailing, so some real life art wall inspiration would really be appreciated.

• Reply dahlia April 17, 2007 at 12:58 pm

Sorry if I offended you in any way, I see that you did not approve my comment. I just wanted to know if you would show us how you display your artwork.

• Reply decor8 April 17, 2007 at 1:24 pm

dahlia – the only comment i see from you is this one. maybe you didn’t complete the commenting process of entering that special code?

and of course i’ll do that! most are in my flickr account.

• Reply erin scissorhands April 17, 2007 at 2:32 pm

oh awesome! thanks so much for showing this on your blog!

• Reply Sweet April 17, 2007 at 3:59 pm

What a great idea…I’m always looking for inspiration and since I’ve just moved into a new home, I’m looking for lots of ideas.

• Reply platinum blonde April 17, 2007 at 5:53 pm

i love erin’s display. i have a similar wall with my prints that i use as inspiration. i am in the process of framing a bunch of additional art prints, so it is always nice to get fresh ideas of how to display art. i really like how she added the crate & barrel spoons & owls…it is fresh & unexpected!

• Reply Anonymous April 17, 2007 at 9:51 pm

Another idea for hanging light weight art or fotos is to use tape. I bought rolls of cool colored masking tape in the art supply store. I then rip off pieces and tape up the art in groupings, like a collage. I use pretty papers, joss paper etc in groupings too.

Its fun, easy, won’t harm the wall and you can change it at whim.

• Reply ashley g April 17, 2007 at 10:39 pm

Oh thank you so much!! I love decor8 :)

• Reply dahlia April 18, 2007 at 6:40 pm

Yay, I’ll check them out Holly :)