Show me your art wall!

An earlier post today on displaying art made me think of something. It’s nice seeing art in the styled homes of our favorite magazines because that’s where we go to pick up tips, but how do *you* display your art, and are you willing to share your wall/s with other decor8 readers? If so, please email your art wall to me at decor8blog {at} yahoo {dot} com with a link to your blog/website, along with your name and I just may post it right here sometime this week. So go ahead… It’s time to show and tell. :)

Here’s a snapshot of Erin’s art wall, isn’t it cool? For a guide to all the art in this photo, click here. Thanks Erin for the tip! I spotted an Ashley Goldberg there already… I love that girl!

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, diy, walls on April 17, 2007

1. Nat commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 7:48am

What a gorgeous wall – love this!!! I have a scrapbook layout wall :-)

2. Carlene commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 11:23am

What a great idea! I have fear of nailing, so some real life art wall inspiration would really be appreciated.

3. dahlia commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 12:58pm

Sorry if I offended you in any way, I see that you did not approve my comment. I just wanted to know if you would show us how you display your artwork.

4. decor8 commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 1:24pm

dahlia – the only comment i see from you is this one. maybe you didn’t complete the commenting process of entering that special code?

and of course i’ll do that! most are in my flickr account.

5. erin scissorhands commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 2:32pm

oh awesome! thanks so much for showing this on your blog!

6. Sweet commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 3:59pm

What a great idea…I’m always looking for inspiration and since I’ve just moved into a new home, I’m looking for lots of ideas.
    Thanks!

7. platinum blonde commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 5:53pm

i love erin’s display. i have a similar wall with my prints that i use as inspiration. i am in the process of framing a bunch of additional art prints, so it is always nice to get fresh ideas of how to display art. i really like how she added the crate & barrel spoons & owls…it is fresh & unexpected!

8. Anonymous commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 9:51pm

Another idea for hanging light weight art or fotos is to use tape. I bought rolls of cool colored masking tape in the art supply store. I then rip off pieces and tape up the art in groupings, like a collage. I use pretty papers, joss paper etc in groupings too.

Its fun, easy, won’t harm the wall and you can change it at whim.

9. ashley g commented
    April 17th, 2007 at 10:39pm

Oh thank you so much!! I love decor8 :)

10. dahlia commented
    April 18th, 2007 at 6:40pm

Yay, I’ll check them out Holly :)