Country Home Inspiration

I have to share a terrific resource with you for rugs called Capel, in case you’re on the hunt… It’s a great one to add to your bookmarks. I’m really crazy about these stitch patterns (blame it on Missoni), so of course the Irish Stitch rug below caught my eye.

The Irish Stitch rug just so happens to be on page 114 in the May ’07 issue of Country Home magazine in the article, The Amazing Small Space Makeover, featuring a beautiful Minneapolis urban apartment — All 750 sq ft of it! I think the homeowners, Kim Cornelison (you must view her photography portfolio online, a-m-a-z-i-n-g) and Alfie Ferreyra, did such an amazing job on their condo. Here’s a glimpse of Kim’s portfolio. You’ll love her website. Drool.

You have to pick up the issue and check out the Kim/Alfie condo for yourself – their space is a mix of country and modern, and the wallpaper in both the entryway and bedroom is to die for. The entry uses Silvergate BP846 from Farrow & Ball, and their bedroom has the gorgeous sunny yellow Ringwold BP1632 pattern. I’ve emailed Kim to see if she’d be so kind as to tour us of her space here on the blog, so let’s see if she replies. That would be fun, you’d love it, promise!

Psst: If you live outside of the US, this eBay seller will ship her copy almost anywhere in the world.

(images from capel rugs, kim cornelison, farrow & ball, and country home.)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, flooring, inspiration, walls on April 20, 2007

1. Laura commented
    April 20th, 2007 at 7:13pm

Holly, I LOVE that rug. Great find! I will have to check out the article, too. Thanks for the preview.

2. susanna commented
    April 21st, 2007 at 12:13am

You are right – Kim Cornelison’s online portfolio IS a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Everything is styled so clean and fresh. And the photograph of the field of sunflowers…SIGH…!

3. that nashville chick commented
    April 21st, 2007 at 1:52am

I do happen to be on the hunt! once again, you’ve come through… thank you for sharing!

4. michelle commented
    April 21st, 2007 at 2:18pm

Wow, country living never looked good to me, I just might have to subscribe. And you are right, amazing photography, you have a knack for finding it! Makes me want to move to the country!

5. Anonymous commented
    April 22nd, 2007 at 4:22pm

I hope she sends you some photos because I live in Spain right now and cannot find this magazine here. I won’t be back in ny until July.