Artsy Walls: Patti Haskins Hallway

decor8 reader and blogger Patti Haskins from Dallas, Texas is sharing with us her hallway “art” today. Look at these walls! Photos and postcards – this isn’t wallpaper! Patti, I have to ask you, how did you get all of these cards and things on your walls? Do share! This hallway makes me dizzy, but if Patti is happy, we’re happy for her, right gang? Thanks for sharing these with us. I can’t say I’ve ever seen anything like it in my life. :)

Thanks for sharing, Patti! Oh, and Patti has a brand new etsy store in case you are interested in seeing what this lady is crafting behind the scenes!

(images from patti haskins)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, inspiration on April 21, 2007

1. ** Terramia ** commented
    April 21st, 2007 at 3:01am

Totally and utterly unique! Why not dare to be different and surround yourself with memories and remembrance and dreams of faraway places? Bold and eye-popping. I love it…

2. patti haskins commented
    April 21st, 2007 at 3:35am

Our postcard hallway is where visitors to our house always seem to disappear to. There’s so much to take in that people tend to move very slowly down the hall studying and enjoying the various images.
    I pasted each card or photo using Elmer’s wood glue and a plastic squeegee that is usually used to apply bumperstickers. Some overlap and some met but had little rectangle spaces that I filled with postcards that I cut to fit the space. I must admit that it was not a quick project. I didn’t tally the total time spent because I didn’t work on the hall non-stop. Weekends and holidays mostly is when I pasted.
    A large number of the postcards were sent to me by my husband the traveling salesman. We’ve been married almost 26 years and he’s always sent me a postcard when he’s out of town, which is an average of two weeks a month. And I did purchase some specific postcard from Ebay from my hometown, Youngstown, Ohio and from the 1967 Montreal Expo, a fond memory of my childhood (yes I’m that old).
    Thanks for allowing my to share my postcard hallway with you. Maybe I should take some photos of the music room where the cds, vinyl lps and cassettes live. The walls are covered with album covers, you know, the 12×12 cardboard things?
    More of the hallway can be found here:

3. Bethany commented
    April 21st, 2007 at 4:24am

heyyy i live in dallas too.
    very interesting wall!

the end :)

4. mohairpink commented
    April 21st, 2007 at 1:08pm

Incredible! Good on ya, Patti.

5. Joelma commented
    April 22nd, 2007 at 7:44pm

It’s my badroom’s door: http://www.flickr.com/photos/monomulti/468786147/

I love Decor8. :)

6. Anonymous commented
    April 23rd, 2007 at 10:59pm

I have a friend who had something similar but not on such a large scale. I love the blue of the sky peeking through, it’s just gorgeous!

7. the wreath witch commented
    April 25th, 2007 at 1:57pm

I like the walls and I’m not surprised that people are drawn to it, a good collage does that.

8. susanna commented
    April 25th, 2007 at 6:26pm

Wow! I’m betting that hallway and room is where the party guests end up! I know that I would be pouring over those photos! Fun! And being that many of those images were sent to her by her husband while he was away, the decor has such sentimental meaning behind it. In a way, it’s a floor to ceiling diary of their 26 years together.