Designers + Stylists

Parker Palm Springs: California Dreamin’

April 21, 2007

I keep hearing about the Parker Palm Springs, so I had to do a little research and now, share this fantastic escape with you. Located in Palm Springs, California, everything about this place is exquisite (tour the property here). I dream of spending a gorgeous getaway at the Parker, as everything about it screams luxury, celebrity, the good life… Or shall I say everything about it whispers, as it seems like a peaceful spot to unwind, order a fancy pants cocktail (poolside, of course), and slip away from the rest of the world in your own personal cocoon of pleasure.

Parker Palm Springs: California DreaminIf you think it has a bit of a Jonathan Adler vibe going on, you’re right. He designed most of the interiors at this little piece of swank heaven (listen to a series of podcasts with Jonathan and Simon Doonan here – they talk about this place exclusively, the inspiration, etc.). I especially love the Moroccan wedding quilt at the food of the bed shown below. I’m still on the hunt for one, if you can help me…

Parker Palm Springs: California DreaminParker Palm Springs: California DreaminParker Palm Springs: California DreaminParker Palm Springs: California DreaminParker Palm Springs: California DreaminParker Palm Springs: California DreaminParker Palm Springs: California DreaminParker Palm Springs: California DreaminWouldn’t you love a weekend away at the Parker?

(images from the parker palm springs)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Lynn April 21, 2007 at 3:45 pm

Hi Holly, looks fabulous! My friend and I have been taking a “girls” vacation to Palm Springs for the last 3 years and stay at the Viceroy which is beautiful! Wondering if we should try the Parker. Have you heard feedback about both?

• Reply sfgirlbybay April 21, 2007 at 5:29 pm

my family used to go to palm springs every easter, and then later as a teenager we’d go to cruise the ‘strip’ and meet boys:)

now that i’ve “matured”, this looks great – and i love the guy in the pink coat!

• Reply melanie April 21, 2007 at 6:03 pm

They serve warm Moroccan mint tea on arrival that is almost as divine as the wedding quilt!

• Reply Emma ::emmas designblogg:: April 21, 2007 at 7:32 pm

Oh, it looks lovely! I sure wouldn’t mind taking a vacation there. Love the use of bright colour in the outside spaces, and the more light and airy decorating inside.

• Reply Jennifer April 22, 2007 at 7:35 pm

I have been to the Parker — brunch at Norma’s is FANTASTIC and if you love Jonathan Adler (as I do), then it’s totally heaven!

• Reply Lissette April 22, 2007 at 8:54 pm

That hotel is beyond perfect!

• Reply A April 23, 2007 at 3:12 am

I love your blog- and read it alomost daily!

Could you or one of your readers help me find a US source for the Beni Ourain rugs used at the Parker? Also, any advice about price and what to look out for would be very helpful.

• Reply Linda Merrill April 23, 2007 at 4:26 am

I heard that there is an upcoming show on BravoTV called “Welcome to the Parker” which “focuses on the luxurious world of the Parker Palm Springs hotel.” It’s set to come out this summer. Should be interesting.

• Reply sandman_gr April 23, 2007 at 8:25 am

I’d love to spend a weekend too there!

• Reply Anonymous April 23, 2007 at 5:46 pm

Although I didn’t get to stay at the Parker when I was in Palm Springs, I had to visit to check out the grounds, lobby and Norma’s. All were fantastic and I dream about spending a weekend there.

• Reply Lynda April 24, 2007 at 12:35 am

I’ve visited the Parker a number of times for drinks and dinner and it’s an amazing place. The atmosphere is hip but friendly (lots of photo shoots so you see pretty, shiny people walking around) the grounds are spectacular and if you have time, their spa is a treat.
    Being a part time Palm Springs resident it’s one of my favorite places to go for a drink with guests.

• Reply Miss A April 24, 2007 at 1:08 am

To Lynn – I just had a girls’ day at the Parker and here’s the bottom line:
    **Every** girl who attended is coming back and planning her own Spa day/holiday at the Parker!!

Cocktail Tip:
    Order the lavendar (freshly picked from their garden) mojito. . . and get the Drink Your Facial infused vodka. Unreal!

• Reply Turquoise April 24, 2007 at 4:50 am

Hands down best hotel ever!!

• Reply robyn April 25, 2007 at 3:57 am

I have stayed at the parker before and it is absolutely fabulous. Norma’s Wazzaa waffles are to die for and Mr Parker is great for dinner. The staff as well as the guests are usually very friendly and unpretentious. The spa is great too. I particularly loved the salon room, it was so pretty! I felt like a young girl sitting in there getting my toes painted. But my favorite is taking a walk in the courtyard in the fall and sitting by the big fire that they have going. Sometimes if there was an event going on they leave the daybed behind so you can enjoy them for the rest of the evening.