Objects, Shop Tours, Travel

Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)

April 25, 2007

This past weekend, I met Carrie at the one and only Angela Adams retail location and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. Located in downtown Portland, Maine at 273 Congress Street, it’s a must see for any Portland visitor, especially Angela fans!

Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)What a pleasure for me to see the space for the first time, and since I know so many of you love her work, I have to share the photos that my husband and I took. You can click on any image below for a larger view, or view them all of them (and more!) in my flickr set. Ready to check it out? Here you go…

Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)Angela Adams Store Tour (Portland, Maine)
Thanks to Nan and Carrie for everything!

(most images above taken by thorsten becker, see flickr set for specifics)

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply d April 25, 2007 at 5:32 pm

Great pics and may I say that you and your husband are too cute! I could see that the two of you have something really special and nowadays that’s very hard to come by….congrats on that :) Your husbands website is very interesting as well. Thanks for the great pics Holly.

• Reply J Lee April 25, 2007 at 5:36 pm

thanks for this post. i love the store and i love how the rugs all come with a good purpose.

• Reply justjoyce April 25, 2007 at 6:29 pm

Superb. What a treat since I’m in OK and never had a chance to see these up close & personal before. Now I am considering owning one. Thank you for the work you did on compiling this article.

Joyce

• Reply erin scissorhands April 25, 2007 at 8:24 pm

if i ever outgrow my clumsiness and habit of spilling everything, maybe i’ll be able to own one of angela’s beautiful rugs. i don’t see that happening, though :(

• Reply laura April 25, 2007 at 10:20 pm

Your Portland posts are so fun…isn’t it a great town! What a gorgeous shop. I actually MISSED it when I was in Portland last summer. Thanks to you I can “visit”!

• Reply scrappy girl April 25, 2007 at 10:35 pm

Can we also talk about that gorgeous round wooden table. Wow. Know anything about it?

• Reply decor8 April 25, 2007 at 11:27 pm

oh the furniture was crazy beautiful, it’s designed and crafted by sherwood hamill, i want the mod pod table sooo bad and the stratus credenza.

i think that to order it, you have to email their sales manager, lauren.

here’s her email addy:
    llauzier [at] angelaadams [dot] com

-holly

• Reply decor8 April 25, 2007 at 11:31 pm

d, jlee, joyce, erin, laura: yes, portland is great and my husband is a good sport whenever i shop. he always comes prepared with his camera bag and now we’re progressed to this point to where he sees a store, knows my aesthetic very well, and just pulls out his camera because he knows i’m about to ask the store manager if i can take a few photos. i wanted to have him shoot the edith & edna store, but we were on vacation and after spending an hour in the angela adams store, i felt like enough was enough. i want him to ENJOY vacationing with me!!

• Reply mlle a. April 27, 2007 at 2:12 pm

How smart is the 3d press wall? Great!