Company C Rugs: My Picks

Company C is another rug company that I’ve had my eye on since ’05 and they continue to impress me with their selection. I’d love it if they ventured into two-tone bamboo motifs or goyard-esque prints, some chevons, a bit more crisp and modern. Although they do have the happy houndstooth in 5 colors, which would give your room some pop for sure. They also carry excellent color combos in stripes, too. So we’re good. Company C takes care of us.

I spent time recently at their retail store located at 123 Commercial Street in Portland, Maine and found a few rugs that, in person, looked far better than the images on their website, so I have to share my picks with you. Rugs are funny like that, they so often miss the mark in print, but when you actually see them in a showroom, you can’t believe it’s the same rug. Take their faux bois rug, the Knotty. The woodgrain pattern is gorgeous, and in person, a thousand times better than what you see in print. It’s available in gold too, but I fell in love with the blue. In my opinion, Company C needs to show their rugs in actual rooms on their website, rugs floating on my screen does nothing for me.

The Carnaby Swirl is another gorgeous rug. Again, not impressed online, but in person, it’s stunning. Available in sunflower, sea grass, poppy, or cilantro, my favorites are the sunflower and sea grass. The Sloane Square pattern also struck me as a winner. It’s great if you want to introduce color into the space but you’re still hung up on neutrals. It’s okay, it’s hard to crossover from neutral safety to bold color and you know what, no one is saying that you need to because it’s your home and you have final say. But if you want to sneak in some color, I think the rugs shown here, from the woodgrain to the carnaby swirl, allow you a chance to experiment a little. :)

If you want to turn up the heat a little bit more (go girl, go!), opt for a flame stitch pattern like the Lehar rug (tippy top photo, header pic). Another BEAUTY in person, it’s really plush and the colors are fantastic. The Sonoma rose caught my eye, which surprised me, because online I wasn’t impressed by it at all.

Psst: If you’re ever in New Hampshire, visit their flagship store in Concord, where they also happen to hold an annual tent sale in September.

(images from company c)

Posted by decor8 in flooring, travel on April 26, 2007

1. Kristi commented
    April 26th, 2007 at 4:56pm

Those are beautiful they have a nice variety of colors and variety without being gaudy.

2. Carlene commented
    April 26th, 2007 at 7:09pm

Beautiful! And I may have to get that woodgrain rug. Thanks!

3. Mama Chilanga commented
    April 26th, 2007 at 7:12pm

We *love* Company C rugs. We’ve got Dandelion in the bedroom and I”ve often toyed with the idea of swapping out our Flor tyles in the living room with the flame-stitched pattern.

4. groovyinclinations commented
    April 26th, 2007 at 7:22pm

I absolutely agree~ fabulous range of colors and textures! Excuse me…I’m going over!

Mindy
    mwilson.etsy.com

5. Design Mom commented
    April 26th, 2007 at 7:24pm

Wow. Your photos of the rugs make all the difference. They look so blah online and so great up close. I’m thinking a field trip to New Hampshire is in order.

6. kristen commented
    April 26th, 2007 at 7:50pm

I love the Lehar rug next to the Knoty blue rug. That would look really good in my house!

7. Another Shade of Grey commented
    April 26th, 2007 at 8:56pm

These are gorgeous.

8. decor8 commented
    April 26th, 2007 at 9:26pm

Carlene – If you do PLEASE share a photo. I may get it for my office. I’m still deciding…

kristi – I agree, no gaud here!

mama “c”- i have to look on the site for dandelion, i don’t know that one.

groovy inc – thanks for popping in and say hello mindy!

design mom – whereabouts do you live? i’m in new hampshire, hollis. google me. my parents and most of my clients and errands are in boston though, so i’m ‘in between’ a lot. but i sleep in new hampshire i guess you can say. ha!

kristen – the lehar is GORGEOUS in person. i couldn’t stop touching it. i was a little fresh with the rugs, petting them all, i couldn’t help myself!!!

another shade of gray – thank you sweets, and thanks for saying hello. i always love when i see your face in that little box. :)

9. Rachel commented
    April 26th, 2007 at 9:29pm

These kinda remind me of another artist’s rug collection: Susan Sargent. She’s got a shop in Boston and another one up in Vermont, and i just love her colorful pieces.

10. Mama Chilanga commented
    April 26th, 2007 at 10:56pm
  11. Design Hole commented
    April 27th, 2007 at 12:47am

I don’t know. I think they must be better in person. The colors seem kind of drab, but I know that can just be my computer. Hmmm…. Not my favorite.

12. Anonymous commented
    May 21st, 2007 at 7:15am

these are beautiful, are they Kathy Ireland rugs?

13. decor8 commented
    May 21st, 2007 at 2:02pm

No anon, they are Company C rugs, a company based out of Concord NH.

14. Ordinary Girl commented
    September 15th, 2008 at 1:41pm

FYI — Company C has announced the dates for the 2008 tent sale. Sept 20th and 21st!

15. Vicki commented
    November 9th, 2008 at 8:32am

I love Company C rugs and have purchased several from my favorite website: http://www.heavensgatehomeandgarden.com. Sue, from Heaven’s Gate was a great help in selecting colors and patterns to fit my taste and lifestyle.

I choose 3 Jaipur rugs for my master bedroom in varying sizes and I love the fact that the pattern on each different size is coordinating but not a duplicate of each other. I absolutely love them! :) vicki