Hammocks & High Tea

April 26, 2007

A huge thanks to Karen Young of Hammocks & High Tea for her email this morning announcing the launch of her new collection. Inspired by her South American background, her stationery of contemporary, tropical imagery is illustrated and screen printed by Miss Karen herself. Exotic florals are so hot right now, so I think her line launched at the perfect time.

Hammocks & High Tea
The hibiscus and hammock cards are my faves, the hammock reminds me of all the times my parents took me to dinner at Litchfield Plantation in Pawleys Island growing up and how I’d linger over at the hammock and gift shop nearby, swinging on them when the sales lady wasn’t around. I always will love a huge hammock! When I went back to Litchfield Plantation in 1997 to see my childhood friend, Jake, get married, I wanted so badly to buy a hammock and when I return this summer, maybe I will this time. I hardly ever see them here in the northeast, at least not in Boston/New Hampshire where I spend most of my time. Nothing is more comfortable!

Anyway, thank you Karen for sharing your stationery with all of us! And for bringing back sweet, southern memories for me. :)

(images from hammocks & high tea)

You Might Also Like

• Reply PSAH April 26, 2007 at 6:25 pm

How neat, we vacation at Litchfield every year! It’s a beautiful place and the Pawley’s hammocks are the most wonderful!

• Reply Kristin Leigh Ward April 26, 2007 at 6:56 pm

How odd that you would mention Litchfield Plantation… I was just in a wedding there 2 weeks ago this Saturday. Such a beautiful place – those oak trees lining the avenue are incredible! What a nice place to remember from your childhood.

Just serves to remind us – it really is a small world after all. :)

• Reply Anonymous April 26, 2007 at 8:20 pm

The Nest Card looks exactly like a Pancake and Franks card.

• Reply karen April 26, 2007 at 8:38 pm

Thank you so much for the mention Holly. I’m also glad to see someone else shares my mild obsession with hammocks…I often wonder if it might be considered strange to have one in the corner of my living room ;)

• Reply decor8 April 26, 2007 at 9:31 pm

psah – you do? seriously? i am so green. you lucky duck.

klw – you were JUST there? is it not perfection? our friends were married behind the plantation near a marsh. they had a violinist and everyone was looking so southern, made me proud. ladies in hats, lots of pink and green, floral dresses, very preppy, and the men wearing light color suits with cool shirts – like pink ones – beneath. oh i love how the southerners dress at weddings.

anon – huh? pancakes and franks? not sure about that one, but people have the right to be inspired by the designs of others. right?

karen – of course, of course. and if you want a hammock in your home, why not. i think it would look best though on a sunporch or patio with a huge contemporary pillow on it, pink and white zebra maybe… Or in a large living room that has the height, then it would not swallow up the space.

• Reply Anna April 26, 2007 at 10:36 pm

These are FANTASTIC!! I love them!

• Reply Nicole April 27, 2007 at 2:22 am

I love the name and the overall aesthetic.

• Reply bean October 4, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I love it and i am very inspired i love it…
    Thanks for sharing with us…