Kelley Proxmire Interior Design

Kelley Proxmire’s daughter, Brocky, sent along a message and some photos that I think you’ll enjoy. (Notice that these walls are black. Isn’t this stunning?)

“My mom loves your blog and thought it was so nice of you to include her in your March addition by mentioning her sun room. Well, she recently finished a room that is being featured in a Spring show house sponsored by the Washington Design Center and Home and Design Magazine. She wanted me to send you some pictures of the room for you to share on Decor8. I hope you enjoy them!” – Brocky Proxmire.

Thank you so much Kelley and Brocky, what a nice surprise to hear from you. The dramatic black walls are stunning, it’s refreshing to see a crisp, bold bedroom in black and white with red as an accent, yet it doesn’t at all look harsh, dated, or dark. Quite the opposite really, the black walls are fresh, inviting, and positive because Kelley kept the floor and ceiling light – the key to pulling off solid black walls. Perfect!

Get to know Kelley and view her online portfolio here.

(images by angie seckinger)

Posted by decor8 in bedroom, designers on May 08, 2007

1. ** Terramia ** commented
    May 8th, 2007 at 5:57pm

Dazzling!! Wow!!

2. Another Shade of Grey commented
    May 8th, 2007 at 8:54pm

That room is awesome.

3. kim. commented
    May 8th, 2007 at 9:11pm

Thought I should tell ya that Brocky is her son (he emailed me once).

4. Jennifer Ramos commented
    May 8th, 2007 at 9:27pm

so amazing i LOVE the dark walls. I currently have dark walls in my master bedroom…and it always looks so clean and sharp. White walls are great but after awhile they can look dirty.

Nice!

5. sandman_gr commented
    May 9th, 2007 at 11:02am

Very graphic result – and every detail so well thought out. The black walls are an amazing idea and so hard to do right. Kelley pulls it through magnificently.

6. Betty C. Bowen commented
    May 9th, 2007 at 1:21pm

love how the area around the bed reverses – white wall with black drapes.

7. 5Senses Life & Style commented
    May 9th, 2007 at 3:29pm

Brilliant! Gorgeous!

8. Erin commented
    May 11th, 2007 at 4:19pm

i HEART this in a huge way!! I’ve actually been debating between painting my office — which is by the front door of my house & has french doors, so it can’t be hidden — a dark chocolate brown (safe) or a daring, stunning black to offset my white furniture.

This is totally pushing me over the edge…now I’ll never be able to forgive myself if I don’t try to pull off the black!

Thanks for the inspiration!