Press

Thank you, Elle Decor!

May 24, 2007

I was quite excited to see decor8 mentioned in the June issue of Elle Decor magazine as a blog that the Margaret Russell, Editor in Chief, considers one of her favorites. Pinch me!

Thank you, Elle Decor!
On the editor’s page, she talks about her personal experience as she blogged during Top Design on the Bravo website and then mentions some of her favorite blogs — Style Court, Apartment Therapy, Design*Sponge, Another Shade of Grey, decor8, Chameleon Interiors, The Cool Hunter, and The Nestmaker, so of course I’m extremely flattered to be part of that round up. :)

While reading her thoughts on blogging, I can tell she gets it, gets us, and I’m encouraged by that because when I started decor8, few even knew what a design blog was, and if you told them, they only listened to be polite. It was a lot harder to “sell” the idea of blogging back then, and to motivate myself to stay on top of decor8 and keep pressing forward. Today, many are reading design blogs, including those with impeccable taste like Ms. Russell, so it’s the best time to be involved. Having her nod of approval is huge, not just to me, but to our growing community in general. We’re being heard, bloggers!

Thank you Ms. Russell for showing your support, it means so much!

(image from elle decor)

18 Comments

• Reply julieann/jaceinteriors May 24, 2007 at 3:19 pm

CONGRATS! This is fabulous news for everyone who loves design and people like you who bring to our attention items we might not normally see. Thanks for all your hard work Holly! You deserve this great recognition!

• Reply Anonymous May 24, 2007 at 3:33 pm

congrats miss holly!

i’ve been a long-time reader of your blog, and this is my first time to comment. and i just wanted to say that you deserve all the praise :)

– Yasmine

• Reply LISEN May 24, 2007 at 4:04 pm

Wow – great news!! And as the other already mentioned – you deserve it :-)

• Reply Robin May 24, 2007 at 4:06 pm

Congratulations Holly!

That is wonderful news, and well deserved!

Also, I wanted to extend a thank you for your helpful advice on my brick problem, over on AT. I appreciate it so much. :)

• Reply Heather Moore May 24, 2007 at 4:55 pm

I get it too! Design blogs are the greatest – and yours is clearly a great design blog. Well done – you deserve all the acclaim you get!
    Heather

• Reply Sarah Dennis May 24, 2007 at 4:56 pm

Holly, what can I say…you know how thrilled I was when I saw Decor8 mentioned in Margaret Russell’s Editor’s page. I’m so happy for you. You’re a pioneer and you continue to inspire. Go Gurl!

• Reply dt May 24, 2007 at 7:09 pm

congratulations, holly! that is such wonderful news!

• Reply paola May 24, 2007 at 8:08 pm

Wow!!! I’m so pleased for you and it’s so well-deserved.

Decor8 is definitely one of the best design blogs in the world.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

• Reply Jen May 24, 2007 at 8:34 pm

That is wonderful, congrats! I hope she and her staff begin to take tips from your sense of style. (Their March issue proves they need the assistance, lol.)

• Reply Emma ::emmas designblogg:: May 24, 2007 at 9:30 pm

Congratulations!

It’s great to hear that design blogs are being recognized as a source to count on in the US! Over here, it seems that people still don’t understand the point. And journalists hates us, because we didn’t study journalism at university but still work just like them. I hope that the acceptance will spread over here soon!

I actually spoke to a woman on Swedish Elle Interi?r, and she told me that they read my blog and often find new designers and inspiration from it, but do they ever mention blogs in the magazine? Nope, never. I think that shows a little of the climate for design bloggers here, we are getting read, but not many will admit to reading blogs since it is not seen as good enough journalism. A little like “chick lit”.

But, what i really wanted to say was CONGRATULATIONS, you are so worth it!!!

• Reply Jordan Cappella May 24, 2007 at 9:31 pm

That is fantastic congratulations!

Jordan

• Reply susanna May 25, 2007 at 1:26 am

COOL! Well, OF COURSE she would like your design blog – you have a knack for finding interesting subjects and you’re a terrific, down-to-earth writer! :)

• Reply Asli May 25, 2007 at 3:32 pm

you so deserve it :)

• Reply erinn May 25, 2007 at 3:41 pm

So, so happy for you. You’re a pioneer for the rest of us just starting out. Thanks for mentioning me back in March. I can’t thank you enough.

• Reply modmom May 26, 2007 at 2:32 am

you rule holly!
    that’s fantastic recognition!
    happy vacation + memorial day weekend! can’t wait for your summer time posts :)

please come by my blog + enter my giveaways! there’s a mod hammock!

• Reply IMEDAGOZE May 28, 2007 at 11:01 am

Congrats, Holly! I couldn’t agree more as most of my favorite blogs are listed there! ;-)

• Reply Turquoise May 28, 2007 at 6:51 pm

WOO HOO!!! Congrats my dear!

• Reply Jody May 29, 2007 at 3:05 am

I’m on vacation in the Outer Banks and finally just had a chance to sit down and read my June edition of Elle Decor. I just saw Margaret Russell’s column, so I had to run over to the computer to congratulate you! Go Holly!