The Shade Store

I’m not sure if you caught this recently over on Apartment Therapy, but when I read about The Shade Store on AT, I immediately ordered a catalog and I’ve been drooling, and trying to decide what I want, ever since. Love. It. I usually head straight over to American Blinds and Wallpaper or Smith & Noble when I need customized blinds and shades, but I’m open to trying new things, especially when they look this hot. Too bad they don’t sell the entire room because I think this sofa is darling.

Click on images for a larger view.

With gorgeous window shades, blinds, drapery, accessories, and designer hardware, they also have these really sleek, modern panel systems that caught my eye because they glide smoothly on a track system and are perfect for large windows and doors. I’m not a fan of the standard glass sliding doors with vinyl frames, but since they’re still everywhere in homes across America, I meet a lot of homeowners looking for modern solutions for dressing them up without sacrificing daylight or style. I think these panel systems are perfect because you can select from an extensive array of fabrics or woven wood materials, and since they lay flush against the wall when closed, they almost resemble wallpaper, don’t you think?

Aren’t their product shots the best? Nothing sells a product better than images like these… The power of a terrific wall color combined with the right window treatment. Ah.

(images from the shade store)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on June 06, 2007

1. Britt commented
    June 6th, 2007 at 7:30pm

The Shade Store has some fantastic stuff! I’m wondering if someone has a suggestion for finding washable shades for kitchen use. I’m not particular about the style of shade but feel that having something that is washable is essential for kitchen use. Any ideas? Thank you!

2. sherijohnson commented
    June 6th, 2007 at 10:05pm

Just this morning I was complaining about our sliding closet doors. Too heavy,always jumping off the track and just plain U.G.L.Y.
    Thanks for the Shade Store source.
    Holly, you are always “on track”.
    Sheri

3. lsaspacey commented
    June 6th, 2007 at 10:43pm

A panel system almost identical to that is also available at IKEA now.

4. kayte commented
    June 7th, 2007 at 2:02pm

ooh i love those geometric green ones! they would look lovely in my kitchen!

5. drey commented
    June 8th, 2007 at 6:30am

aaarggghhh i love the red lounge!