Hadley Hutton: Fine Art + Illustration

With so many gorgeous ethnic fabrics out there, why limit yourself to bedding and curtains when you can bring color and beauty to your walls with works from Hadley Hutton?

Her prints and paintings are a gorgeous complement to the dreamy textiles we are all so crazy about now, Robshaw, Cassill, Ireland, Guild… And after visiting Layla over the weekend, then spotting Hadley Hutton’s work on the etsy homepage last night, I can’t help but think how beautiful the two would be merged together. Hadley’s art would complement a space filled with ethnic prints in apple green, hot pink, lemon yellow, turquoise… Maybe a charcoal or white sofa with pillows from Designer’s Guild (US) and a few Hadley paintings nearby?

A gorgeous room from Domino magazine, the perfect space for a Hadley print, don’t you think?

I love seeing all these pretty things living together, great energy and nearly impossible to feel sad in a home decorated in such happy hues!

Happy Monday everyone!

(images from hadley hutton and pillows from designer’s guild)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, textiles, walls on June 18, 2007

1. sk8ordiehard commented
    June 18th, 2007 at 4:33pm

That polka dotted one at the bottom makes me so happy!

2. LauraB commented
    June 18th, 2007 at 11:17pm

I’ve always loved that green and red room from Domino, two totally unexpected colors together that look really fresh! My sister accidentally painted her room that color and I swore to her it could work with red like that.

3. corine commented
    June 19th, 2007 at 1:02am

I’m in love with hadley hutton!

4. anne harwell commented
    June 19th, 2007 at 4:06am

I LOVE THAT ROOM AND HADLEY’S BEAUTIFUL WORK! SUCH GORGEOUS COLORS! TRUE EYE CANDY….

5. casapinka commented
    June 19th, 2007 at 7:46am

I have a heron from Hadley and I just love it. The colors in person are every bit as wonderful as on her website.