Color Inspiration

House Beautiful Colors of Summer

June 30, 2007

House Beautiful just posted one of the most helpful features I’ve seen on a magazine website in a very long time. Although they only show two rooms, the myriads of paint swatches that accompany them are gorgeous. They give you the name of the paint manufacturer and color name and number. I’d love to see them expand this feature on their site, and to see more magazines do this on their websites, too. It’s so helpful when magazines tell us the exact paint color they’ve used in a room. Something I also love about Domino magazine. Hats off to House Beautiful for their Colors of Summer. I love it and had to share… Now *this* is helpful.

House Beautiful Colors of SummerHouse Beautiful Colors of Summer

(images from house beautiful magazine)

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

• Reply a June 30, 2007 at 7:03 pm

well, you pretty much can look at the paint color and figure it out. that feature is nice, but not that magnificent.

• Reply decor8 June 30, 2007 at 7:07 pm

Maybe you can, which is great that you know all the colors so well, but I certainly can’t! Ben Moore alone has over 3,000 colors. I find too that the lighting from photo shoots changes everything from my experience, so I find it very helpful to know the exact color in a room vs. taking a guess at it.

• Reply kristen June 30, 2007 at 9:02 pm

Love the palette of colors!!

• Reply Kim July 1, 2007 at 1:14 pm

I agree! It’s tricky seeing a color in a magazine and then figuring out what might be the closest match…

This feature is great! Thanks for posting it.

My husband and I are new homeowners and I can attest to the fact that color matching what’s in your head, or what you see in a magazine to real life…is pretty impossible.

• Reply Gypsy Purple July 2, 2007 at 4:40 am

Thanks for this link….loved it!!!!

• Reply funcolors July 3, 2007 at 4:38 am

RoomVues is handy too. Design pros and DIYers can upload their pictures if they provide the brand and color name of the wall colors they used.

fun

• Reply Lorraine July 3, 2007 at 2:40 pm

Such pretty colors! Am itching to redo our kitchen now, might use colors from here…

• Reply coolestuff July 4, 2007 at 9:57 pm

I think it’s a great concept! RoomVues.com is a photo gallery that does just that. I recently uploaded some room photos there and browse the gallery quite frequently looking for decorating ideas.