Arts + Crafts, Shopping + Products, Small Business

Lorena Siminovich at Anthropologie!

July 20, 2007

Okay one tiny post before I scoot, but seriously this couldn’t wait until Monday because I am so very excited for Lorena Siminovich (aka Petit Collage), the amazing way life works (so often the best comes by chance!), and the fact that she has such a killer gig going on with Anthropologie right now. I mean, this is the best story ever, especially encouraging to all the amazing indie artists out there.

Lorena Siminovich at Anthropologie!
See this picture? It’s a display inside of an Anthropologie store. Notice the collage works to the right of the mirror, you may recall them from this post, they are exclusive works by Lorena for Anthropologie. Can you stand it? They are reproduced on canvas, available in stores for a limited time only, $108 each.

Whenever I hear about indie artists getting exposure on this level, I always ask them how it all happened. I mean, do amazing things still fall into laps or does everything have to be via blood, sweat, and tears? You decide — Here’s what Lorena said when I asked her, “Basically I was hanging a piece in a local store (not Anthropologie), and the Anthro buyer walks in since she was in San Francisco on vacation, and asked me about the collages. Crazy lucky coincidence!”. Now how COOL is THAT people? Restores your faith, doesn’t it? Go, Lore!

Psst: This is the same artist who asked me to post this request to connect with stores and galleries. I guess that when you put your voice out there and admit that you need help, the universe hears you somehow, somewhere…

See you Monday!

(image from Lorena Siminovich)

You Might Also Like

22 Comments

• Reply Jordan Cappella July 20, 2007 at 4:05 am

Good on her it really is great to hear this story and why I love blogs it is an avenue for artist to have their work noticed globally.

Jordan

• Reply annechovie July 20, 2007 at 5:29 am

Holly, this is such an awesome story! So encouraging!! It must make you feel good also that your blog is not only immensely enjoyable and informative, but that you are also so helpful to so many people. Lorena is very talented and I love the fact that you share these great artists and their stories with us. Hope you are having a great time in Montreal!

• Reply Blossom Hill July 20, 2007 at 9:38 am

Hi, I always enjoy reading your posts. These Lorena Siminovich collage prints are lovely.

Hazel

• Reply Anonymous July 20, 2007 at 1:29 pm

Wow. That is amazing luck. They say – Just do what you love and the rest will follow. I guess it all worked out for Lorena.

• Reply liasynthis July 20, 2007 at 1:45 pm

That really is an amazing story. It’s interesting too, to hear how the artists you see in stores like Anthropologie get discovered.

• Reply Noel July 20, 2007 at 2:48 pm

Holly..your blog not only helped Lorena with her work, but thanks to you i contacted her…she was my best friend when we were 6/7 years old at school, in Argentina..she then changed school and never heard of her again..until your previous post !!

• Reply Jessica July 20, 2007 at 5:14 pm

dreams do come true! wonderful story and beautiful prints. thanks for sharing with us!

• Reply Jessica July 20, 2007 at 5:15 pm

wow, dreams really do come true! amazing story and love the prints. thanks for sharing!

• Reply Leah July 20, 2007 at 5:37 pm

what an inspiring story! and her art looks fabulous at anthropologie!!

• Reply katiedid July 20, 2007 at 7:12 pm

Love the story, love the art, love Anthropologie!

• Reply suburban mom July 21, 2007 at 3:40 am

Very cool.

Anthropologie is one of my most favorite stores ever. :)

• Reply pve design July 21, 2007 at 12:00 pm

great, love to hear that inspiring story! one site that her work would look really terrific on is nonchalantmom.com — lots of hip articles, ranging from art, decor, clothing etc.
    lorena’s work has a child-like freshness.
    my grandma elsie made me dresses with lovely applique’s like that, little houses with smoke embroidered out the chimney.

• Reply Marisa and Creative Thursday July 21, 2007 at 4:45 pm

Oh, this is a wonderful story! And I love Lorena’s work. It has always been my dream to design something for Anthropologie ~ I have hope!

• Reply Tricia McKellar July 21, 2007 at 6:54 pm

Very nice! Sometimes the universe is in alignment and good things just happen!

• Reply heather l murphy July 22, 2007 at 3:04 am

Wow! I love Lorena’s artwork – thank you for sharing her story.! And I really adore your blog, really fun!

• Reply Anonymous July 22, 2007 at 1:43 pm

Urban Outfitters has been doing to same, I bought a great Kurt Halsey canvas Tryptich last year for $40 and it looks like they now have one from Lee May. I also love that they are selling the Hammerpress bird print. So cool that they are supporting independant designers!

• Reply Meet Me at Mikes July 22, 2007 at 11:56 pm

Oooh.. tell Lorena the owl one is my super-fave! xx pip

• Reply Cara | SewBettie July 23, 2007 at 4:03 am

Her work is gorgeous. She deserves this success! Thanks for sharing it.

• Reply Sophie Honeysuckle July 23, 2007 at 3:22 pm

I loved this post, so glad I found you. I just wish we had Anthropologie here in the U.K.!!!

• Reply IMEDAGOZE July 24, 2007 at 9:01 am

It’s always great to read inspiring stories like this, Holly. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply M. Patrizio July 24, 2007 at 5:13 pm

Awesome story! I wonder about these things too. I think about the artists that have their work in big shops and wonder if they have agents working for them making these connections, etc.

I am happy to hear that you don’t necessarily need an agent to have your art out there on a larger scale.

Thanks for posting this!

• Reply mary e March 5, 2008 at 3:15 am

Encouraging to say the least.
    Looking forward to your updates!