Lorena Siminovich at Anthropologie!

Okay one tiny post before I scoot, but seriously this couldn’t wait until Monday because I am so very excited for Lorena Siminovich (aka Petit Collage), the amazing way life works (so often the best comes by chance!), and the fact that she has such a killer gig going on with Anthropologie right now. I mean, this is the best story ever, especially encouraging to all the amazing indie artists out there.

See this picture? It’s a display inside of an Anthropologie store. Notice the collage works to the right of the mirror, you may recall them from this post, they are exclusive works by Lorena for Anthropologie. Can you stand it? They are reproduced on canvas, available in stores for a limited time only, $108 each.

Whenever I hear about indie artists getting exposure on this level, I always ask them how it all happened. I mean, do amazing things still fall into laps or does everything have to be via blood, sweat, and tears? You decide — Here’s what Lorena said when I asked her, “Basically I was hanging a piece in a local store (not Anthropologie), and the Anthro buyer walks in since she was in San Francisco on vacation, and asked me about the collages. Crazy lucky coincidence!”. Now how COOL is THAT people? Restores your faith, doesn’t it? Go, Lore!

Psst: This is the same artist who asked me to post this request to connect with stores and galleries. I guess that when you put your voice out there and admit that you need help, the universe hears you somehow, somewhere…

See you Monday!

(image from Lorena Siminovich)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, shopping, small business on July 20, 2007

1. Jordan Cappella commented
    July 20th, 2007 at 4:05am

Good on her it really is great to hear this story and why I love blogs it is an avenue for artist to have their work noticed globally.

Jordan

2. annechovie commented
    July 20th, 2007 at 5:29am

Holly, this is such an awesome story! So encouraging!! It must make you feel good also that your blog is not only immensely enjoyable and informative, but that you are also so helpful to so many people. Lorena is very talented and I love the fact that you share these great artists and their stories with us. Hope you are having a great time in Montreal!

3. Blossom Hill commented
    July 20th, 2007 at 9:38am

Hi, I always enjoy reading your posts. These Lorena Siminovich collage prints are lovely.

Hazel

4. Anonymous commented
    July 20th, 2007 at 1:29pm

Wow. That is amazing luck. They say – Just do what you love and the rest will follow. I guess it all worked out for Lorena.

5. liasynthis commented
    July 20th, 2007 at 1:45pm

That really is an amazing story. It’s interesting too, to hear how the artists you see in stores like Anthropologie get discovered.

6. Noel commented
    July 20th, 2007 at 2:48pm

Holly..your blog not only helped Lorena with her work, but thanks to you i contacted her…she was my best friend when we were 6/7 years old at school, in Argentina..she then changed school and never heard of her again..until your previous post !!

7. Jessica commented
    July 20th, 2007 at 5:14pm

dreams do come true! wonderful story and beautiful prints. thanks for sharing with us!

8. Jessica commented
    July 20th, 2007 at 5:15pm

wow, dreams really do come true! amazing story and love the prints. thanks for sharing!

9. Leah commented
    July 20th, 2007 at 5:37pm

what an inspiring story! and her art looks fabulous at anthropologie!!

10. katiedid commented
    July 20th, 2007 at 7:12pm

Love the story, love the art, love Anthropologie!

11. suburban mom commented
    July 21st, 2007 at 3:40am

Very cool.

Anthropologie is one of my most favorite stores ever. :)

12. pve design commented
    July 21st, 2007 at 12:00pm

great, love to hear that inspiring story! one site that her work would look really terrific on is nonchalantmom.com — lots of hip articles, ranging from art, decor, clothing etc.
    lorena’s work has a child-like freshness.
    my grandma elsie made me dresses with lovely applique’s like that, little houses with smoke embroidered out the chimney.

13. Marisa and Creative Thursday commented
    July 21st, 2007 at 4:45pm

Oh, this is a wonderful story! And I love Lorena’s work. It has always been my dream to design something for Anthropologie ~ I have hope!

14. Tricia McKellar commented
    July 21st, 2007 at 6:54pm

Very nice! Sometimes the universe is in alignment and good things just happen!

15. heather l murphy commented
    July 22nd, 2007 at 3:04am

Wow! I love Lorena’s artwork – thank you for sharing her story.! And I really adore your blog, really fun!

16. Anonymous commented
    July 22nd, 2007 at 1:43pm

Urban Outfitters has been doing to same, I bought a great Kurt Halsey canvas Tryptich last year for $40 and it looks like they now have one from Lee May. I also love that they are selling the Hammerpress bird print. So cool that they are supporting independant designers!

17. Meet Me at Mikes commented
    July 22nd, 2007 at 11:56pm

Oooh.. tell Lorena the owl one is my super-fave! xx pip

18. Cara | SewBettie commented
    July 23rd, 2007 at 4:03am

Her work is gorgeous. She deserves this success! Thanks for sharing it.

19. Sophie Honeysuckle commented
    July 23rd, 2007 at 3:22pm

I loved this post, so glad I found you. I just wish we had Anthropologie here in the U.K.!!!

20. IMEDAGOZE commented
    July 24th, 2007 at 9:01am

It’s always great to read inspiring stories like this, Holly. Thanks for sharing!

21. M. Patrizio commented
    July 24th, 2007 at 5:13pm

Awesome story! I wonder about these things too. I think about the artists that have their work in big shops and wonder if they have agents working for them making these connections, etc.

I am happy to hear that you don’t necessarily need an agent to have your art out there on a larger scale.

Thanks for posting this!

22. mary e commented
    March 5th, 2008 at 3:15am

Encouraging to say the least.
    Looking forward to your updates!