Pieces (Atlanta)

Ever since spotting Victoria’s new dining room (lovely!) and reading how she’s dying to replace her current dining room chairs, I can’t stop thinking about how I wish I lived closer to San Francisco because the second she sells them on Craigslist I’d be there with a truck. Imagine them in yellow with cushions in a bright, happy print?

You don’t have to imagine. Pieces in Atlanta already has them for $285 each. This is the paint job I’m talking about. Dislike the stripe cushion, so those would need to change. But look at how fresh and pretty these are?

Pieces has some of the best chairs I’ve seen, very girly, and regardless of whether or not cane remains a trend, I love love love these chairs. I want one for my desk, but they’re only offered only as a set of 4. Boo Hoo.

Here are some more beautiful finds at Pieces. A curved back side chair, an antique french table, a geometric folding screen, and a darling yellow and white chandelier.

One can dream, right? But when you look at these items consider your current inventory and how you may be able to give something you already own a fresh new look simply by painting it, switching out the fabric, or swapping hardware. Victoria is the queen of this which is why we are all inspired by her home. This lady is tops!

For those of you not watching your budget, then by all means shop at Pieces because they are waiting to absolutely spoil you to death with a selection that is undeniably gorgeous.

(images: top: sfgirlbybay and all others from pieces)

Posted by decor8 in vintage on July 27, 2007

1. annechovie commented
    July 27th, 2007 at 5:33pm

Yes,Pieces is definitely tops! The owner, Lee, has loads of style and I love the way she puts a colorful, young spin on old pieces.”Funky Classic”, the way I like it! Pieces is one of the best things on the Atlanta design scene.

2. Jennifer commented
    July 27th, 2007 at 6:12pm

I would paint them red and add a cushion with fabric from Hable Construction.

3. platinum blonde commented
    July 27th, 2007 at 9:23pm

i love those chairs!!!

4. katiedid commented
    July 27th, 2007 at 10:01pm

This is my favorite store that I’ve never been to. Boohoo is right! I wish I lived closer!

5. sfgirlbybay commented
    July 28th, 2007 at 12:32am

hey holly – love the yellow chairs!! and thanks for the post. i still want my saarinen tulip chairs (and am wishing real, real hard for them), but if I can get up the guts, and make a decision, i’d like to paint the chairs a color. i painted them white to offset the dark table and to tie-in better with the winter wonderland i’ve got going on in the living room area. thanks for all your great suggestions – i love my new etsy wall of art!

6. decor8 commented
    July 28th, 2007 at 12:52am

Hi Victoria!

Oh yes you still must get your darling tulip chairs because that’s what is in your heart – follow it!

But when you dump your current chairs on Craigslist, let us know so any local S.F. readers can buy them because they look darling in yellow or as is in the lovely white.

Have you seen them in black? Candy apple red? Kelly green? Gosh imagine the possibilities. They have such a great shape.

Holly

7. decor8 commented
    July 28th, 2007 at 12:55am

Oh Jennifer I have to tell you that I love your red suggestion. Pretty.

Hi Anne – Thanks for saying hello. I have to actually email you about something so stay tuned…

Hi Platinum Blonde!

Hi Katiedid!

8. :: A S K :: commented
    July 28th, 2007 at 4:33pm

Funny, when I was little, I had a desk chair from IKEA in that exact style. Definitely wasn’t $285!

9. Diana Coronado commented
    July 30th, 2007 at 7:19am

The chairs look a little bit vintage.
    All these are lovely

10. becky commented
    July 31st, 2007 at 7:50pm

I love Pieces and Lee’s taste but only the Buckhead Betties can afford anything in there.