Orla Kiely Sample Sale (NYC Only)

Showroom Seven in New York is having a sample sale on Orla Kiely (past stock and samples only) merchandise from 9am – 7pm everyday, starting today (7/30), ending Saturday, August 4th. Massive reductions!

The showroom is located at 446 Broadway (between Grand and Howard) on the 5th floor. Please contact Showroom Seven if you have any questions at 212 643 4910 or gail AT showroomseven.com. I hope some NY bloggers hit the sale and give us the scoop because I’d love to see what they find, imagine the goodies and how inexpensive they must be?

(images from orla kiely)

Posted by decor8 in reader discounts, shopping, travel on July 30, 2007

1. michelle commented
    July 30th, 2007 at 4:20pm

I am actually headed there right now, so I will let you know when I get back.
    Cheers

2. Anonymous commented
    July 30th, 2007 at 5:01pm

Please share the steals and deals with those of us who don’t live in NYC!!!

3. Melissa commented
    July 30th, 2007 at 5:10pm

I’ve been to about ten Orla Kiely sample sales here in London, they have them about four times a year here. The bags are still normally momre than I’d spend (?30 for the smallest bags, ?12 for wallets) but the clothes are usually reasonably priced if you can find what you like in your size. The sales are always really popular though, and are an absolute scrum of estrogen inside, so you may want to take pity on your bag-holding boyfriend and let him wait outside if it’s all too much!

4. JustAnotherDay commented
    July 30th, 2007 at 5:11pm

I LOVE that dress! Can you buy stuff online anywhere?

5. Anonymous commented
    July 30th, 2007 at 7:44pm

I came, I saw.
    I frequent sample sales and this was a mess! There was one tiny elevator that chugged up to the fifth floor. Once you found what you liked you were stuck waiting in a snaking long line. I stood there for over 45 minutes (and then waited in another line to get back on the elevator). Like Melissa said, the clothes were the only bargain–marked down, with an extra 30%. I bought a dress, but in retrospect I’m not sure I would have spent two hours of my day fussing with it.

6. michelle commented
    July 30th, 2007 at 8:47pm

I totally agree with anonymous, not really worth it, unless you really love her stuff. The bags were overpriced too, if you really want something, hurry b/c it was packed.

7. Anonymous commented
    July 30th, 2007 at 10:23pm

Just there, there is a considerable amount and variety of clothes there that were purchase-worthy, and were the best bargains there. The bags were still pricey! I am hoping towards the end of the sale it’ll get marked down more! I snatched a thick yellow sweater that the cashier told me Orla wears all the time for $90.

8. Erica commented
    July 31st, 2007 at 12:59pm

I was going to head over today but now I may not bother. It may have been packed because it was the first day. Maybe I’ll try a little later in the week?

9. susanna commented
    July 31st, 2007 at 2:45pm

Perfect timing! I’m going into NYC this weekend with my visiting nieces. I just may have to include the Orla Kiely sample sale on our tour! Thanks for the headsup, Holly.

10. M. Patrizio commented
    August 1st, 2007 at 12:28am

Sounds a bit scary but I think I will go and check it out too. If you don’t hear from me in a week, you’ll know that I’ve been trampled to death by great-design-hungry women.

11. Heather Moore commented
    August 1st, 2007 at 10:26am

Jealous!

12. Erica commented
    August 1st, 2007 at 12:22pm

OK, I went yesterday and it wasn’t bad at all. Of course they didn’t have the selection they had on the opening day but if you want to miss the lines and crowds this is the way to go. The bags were higher than I thought they’d be but the clothes were were all an additional 30% off the marked down price. And if you buy four clothing items (not bags) you get the fifth one for free!