Objects, Reader Questions, Rooms

Reader Q: Wallpaper Help

August 10, 2007

A reader wrote in asking about the wallpaper shown in this image below, an entry to the Fabulous Stationery contest sent in by Allison Nance. I usually reply to quick questions via email versus turning them into a post, but since I can’t locate her email to send her an update, here’s an update for her – I think I found the pattern! It’s over at Romo Fabrics and it’s called Kimura. It looks identical to me. The slight color difference could either be the lighting in the photo, or perhaps this pattern is available in additional colors.

Reader Q: Wallpaper HelpReader Q: Wallpaper Help

(images from romo fabrics)

10 Comments

• Reply becky August 10, 2007 at 4:33 pm

I believe her image is from Blueprint magazine, though I get so many glossies I may be mixed up!

• Reply Anonymous August 10, 2007 at 5:40 pm

It’s definitely from the last Blueprint issue, so you can probably track down the source from them.

• Reply Anonymous August 10, 2007 at 6:24 pm

It is from Blueprint – here is a link – there must be a reference in the back of the mag – I don’t have it here at work.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente August 10, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Hi,
    Everybody is right! I checked my Blueprint mag and it is what Holly said “Kimura” by Roma. Hope that helps.
    xo Melissa

• Reply Anonymous August 10, 2007 at 7:10 pm

Hi Holly, Is there a search function on your blog? This post reminded me that I think you have said you like the color yellow right now. I wanted to search for “yellow” posts, because it is my new obsession and I’m looking for inspiration. Thanks for any help you can give me!

• Reply decor8 August 10, 2007 at 7:57 pm

This email just arrived from Allison, the lady who submitted the beautiful entry for our contest with the wallpaper in question.

Hi Holly,

just wanted to write and say that the image I used is the “Kimura” wallpaper by Romo. I got this image from this months Blueprint magazine, page 98. It is $74 a roll from Wallnut Wallpaper, 323-932-9166

Thanks!

Allison

• Reply Oren Rosenthal August 11, 2007 at 1:03 am

What gorgeous color combinations! Great shade of yellow!

• Reply Wende August 12, 2007 at 2:31 am

Oh! Thanks… that was my question. I appreciate the info.

• Reply coco+kelley August 13, 2007 at 7:46 am

This is my favorite color combo right now! I just added a ton of yellow/grey items to my blog ~ wish I had seen this one too! Love the wallpaper. Thanks!

• Reply girl meets glamour August 13, 2007 at 11:02 pm

Oh…thank you for posting this! I just love this pattern, I’ve been looking for something similar to one in a Kate Spade ad I saw recently…and this is very close (the yellow variation). Thanks again for the info Holly!

~Kate