Shabby Chic Continued…

To continue my earlier post on the new Shabby Chic collections, I thought I’d share some news that came to me via Rachel’s in-house PR person (Renee). I was on a call with her yesterday so I have the scoop straight from the source for all you RA fans!

Their goal is to open 50 new Shabby Chic stores by 2010, with a few opening soon, Shabby Chic in Natick, MA (at the Natick Collection 9/7), and another in Lenox Square, Atlanta (during the second week of October). Rachel is working on another book and her website is soon to re-launch, too. And remember those episodes I told you about when she had her own show? They’ll soon be available on DVD in stores. Looks like we’ll be seeing a lot more of Rachel Ashwell. Here are a few more images that Renee sent over for you to enjoy.

Renee is working with Rachel to see if I can interview her for decor8, so if you have any questions that you’d like for me to ask, please let me know. It will not be a podcast, but a telephone interview that I’ll turn into a blog post. All questions will be considered, so fire away!

(images from shabby chic)

Posted by decor8 in furniture on August 15, 2007

1. Kate commented
    August 15th, 2007 at 9:59pm

i enjoyed this post because of the patterned chair – most everywhere i look the couches and chairs are solid with a smattering of colorfully printed pillows… i have a patterend couch and am having a hard time finding inspiration for that smattering of pillows! =]

2. Janet commented
    August 15th, 2007 at 10:32pm

I am a huge Shabby Chic fan. I’m so excited about the show on DVD. I have been looking for that. So glad she is expanding her stores.
    She is heaven sent!

3. Anonymous commented
    August 15th, 2007 at 10:52pm

I am a huge fan of Rachel Ashwell and would like to know if she is still sticking to her palette of pale pink, blues, greens and shades of white?

I would also like to know if she ever tires of white? I love white and never get tired of it but wonder if it wears on her since she has used it for so long.

Thanks for this opportunity.
    Chris Taylor

4. Janet commented
    August 16th, 2007 at 12:36am

Me again! I thought of a question. I was wondering if Rachel Ashwell ever uses artist’s rose paintings in her stores or are they always vintage? And if so, how would one go about submitting their work for her consideration? Thankyou!

5. [michele] commented
    August 16th, 2007 at 3:22am

I’d like to know if any of the Shabby Chic stores will be in Ohio (Easton Town Center would be fabulous) and if so, can I trade in my shabby-chic-hating-husband for store credit?

6. kim commented
    August 16th, 2007 at 4:10am

I am a Shabby Chic fan also…her new stuff doesn’t look so shabby, but I still like it. I guess this means that the new stuff and whatever is in her new stores won’t be in Target?

7. Anonymous commented
    August 19th, 2007 at 12:12am

I am glad that Shabby Chic is reinventing themselves – the design world has been moving towards a more eclectic look and it seems to be reflected in her new photos – How does Rachel plan to launch her new look and design style without abandoning her faithful pink and white fans and will this look find its way to her target line?

8. Sarah and Jack commented
    August 22nd, 2007 at 4:51pm

I would LOVE to be able to have those shows on DVD.

I wonder how she feels about the “copycat” Shabby Chic’ing? I am a bit of a purist, and I like my paint finishes original. It sort of drives me crazy when I see booths at the flea market where EVERYTHING is freshly painted with a crackle finish.

9. Anonymous commented
    August 22nd, 2007 at 11:29pm

I am a huge Shabby Chic fan from Canada and would love to have the shows on dvd as I have never seen them, plus I was wondering whether Rachel is going to open any of her wonderful stores here?