Rice *New* Winter Collection ’07

Blogging about Susanne Schjerning made me think of Rice in Denmark and how excited I am to soon be in on of my favorite shops in Hannover again. I can’t wait to go away next month, this time of year is filled with much excitement and anticipation for me because I love spending the autumn months with my husband’s family and our friends in Germany. It’s all such a special, almost magical time for us.

Germany is so beautiful in the cooler months (ah, Oktoberfest!) and I love watching everything change from green to gold. It’s like one big Robert Frost poem unfolding before our eyes. And when I arrive, since we sublet a 2-room suite, I always head to Esplanade for Rice stuff. I buy inexpensive candle holders, a few pillows, and a vase for fresh flowers. You can’t spend time in Europe without flowers in your room. And for our balcony, I always buy a few pretty plants. I find that I have to do these things to make it feel more personal and cozy. We have some things there in storage that I pull out to, which helps me make a very quick mental transition from our home here to our place there.

Here are some product shots from the Rice winter collection. This is one of those lines where I find myself liking everything and the best part, it’s all so affordable.

I’m not sure where it’s sold in the states, but if you are interested, perhaps you can contact Rice directly for store location information.

(images from rice)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on August 23, 2007

1. Natasha Ylana commented
    August 23rd, 2007 at 6:14pm

This looks just like one of the table spreads in Domino I just got. love the purple

2. jen commented
    August 23rd, 2007 at 7:49pm

delish eye candy… especially lustful is that hutch in the first shot…

3. Livy commented
    August 23rd, 2007 at 8:10pm

I am such a fan of this blog, thanks for the inspiration.

4. platinum blonde commented
    August 23rd, 2007 at 9:24pm

swoon!

5. Jana Souza commented
    August 23rd, 2007 at 10:41pm

Stop it; you are killing me; could I fit in your bags; I so want to go. I love traveling and haven’t done it so much with our two lil ones. Please share what you buy and think of us all as you enjoy that special time.

Photos will be appreciated.

jana

6. Anonymous commented
    August 23rd, 2007 at 11:19pm

oooo.
    so inspring

7. Aaron & Corrie commented
    August 24th, 2007 at 1:42am

I just love your blog so much, it inspires me. I’ve just moved to LA from Ireland, i really like the Rice products and they are so hard to find over here.
    corrie http://www.corriehill.com

8. kischa commented
    August 24th, 2007 at 7:37am

Thank you so much for the Rice link, Holly! I never heared from that shop, but they have very pretty things! And they are sold here in Hamburg(YEAH!)
    I was wondering, have you been to L?beck on one of your trips to Germany? If not that might be a nice trip for you this time. They have this street called H?xstrasse which is something special, no large companys, but small shops, many studios with handmade things and similar business.

9. Holly commented
    August 24th, 2007 at 3:31pm

Okay, now that was just NOT a fair teaser! :0) I want every single thing in those pictures…especially the kitchenwares. I love those color combinations! That store alone might just be worth the trip overseas!

10. kayte commented
    August 24th, 2007 at 5:31pm

oooh so lovely! i love all the violet and lavendar!

11. decor8 commented
    August 25th, 2007 at 3:36am

Natasha – My Domino subscription copy still hasn’t arrived, so I wouldn’t know! It’s getting worse every month. I don’t get USPS lately. Odd.

Jen/Livy/Plat Blonde: Thanks for saying hello, girls!

Jane: Oh you’re too nice. Do you have a link to my flickr account? That is where I’ll be uploading images as I travel so you can frequently check my flickr stream for those images. I’ll post some on my blog to, of course. ‘

Corrie – From Ireland to L.A.? Wow, now that is a major relocation, I mean there’s not much at all in L.A. that even remotely echos life in Ireland! I think you’d love Boston though, as most of the people on my former team at work were Irish or India and there’s a huge Irish population here. Most compare Boston to Dublin.

Kischa – No I haven’t been to L?beck, as I’ve only gone north so far as Hamburg and Bremen. I should take the train a little further north this year. My husband always tells me the coast is beautiful.

Holly – Great name, by the way. Trust me, Rice is great but if I ever relocate to Germany full-time, I’d be lost without Anthropologie.

Kayte – Violet and Lavendar is everywhere for Fall, at least from what I see in German fashion and interiors. Lots of purple and navy. So I assume I’ll be overexposed to purple this season which may nudge me even closer to feeling better about the color. I have to admit though, when paired with lime and teal, lilac is AMAZING.

12. Jennifer commented
    August 25th, 2007 at 7:12am

Oh! Oh! Oh! I’ve been looking high and low for almost the exact lamp in the top photo. Anthropologie used to have one like that — an articulated pharmacy-style floor lamp — in some bright color (yellow? red?). Do you or any of your readers know where I could find one? Any color — I could always paint it. I’m dying for it, and I hadn’t even been able to find a pic till now to show people what I was talking about!

Thank you so much!

13. jennifer commented
    August 26th, 2007 at 6:43am

Never mind — I found the lamp!

14. decor8 commented
    August 26th, 2007 at 6:25pm

Hi Jennifer,
    Can you tell me where you found it? I’ve been looking high and low and couldn’t find one like it anywhere. Please share!
    Holly

15. nina commented
    August 28th, 2007 at 2:11am

i wish “rice” was in the states!

can we put up a wanted poster for that lamp!!

nina